Search results

1. PumpMd

Oldest Submersible Pump Pulled?

I have the 7gpm pump with 60/40 pressure tank. A 40/60 pressure switch setting with a 3/4hp 7gpm submersible pump. Your submersible pump will start struggling at 250' to water. I sprinkle an hour a day a time the most,but normally grass seed will grow in the fall if you leave it all alone...
  2. PumpMd

You haven't said what GPM pump end you got at 280' and what size pressure tank you have? I've got more questions for you. On that 41yr 1/2hp(maybe)Goulds pump end(GPM?) your talking about. What size pressure tank did it have on it or pressure tanks over the years?
  3. PumpMd

You definitely had a power surge. Short cycling/Rapid cycling will build up heat on the starting windings when it doesn't have enough time to bleed off and it will knock out your starting windings. It won't cause the bottom to explode like that. I've taking apart enough motors and put them back...
  4. PumpMd

The bottom of the pump looked like it exploded outward and was visible. It was definitely lighting to do that. If you were to take the motor apart, you would've seen the windings in the motor swelled up and locked the shaft in place as well as blowing the bottom off. Usually you will see a...
  5. PumpMd

I suspect you had a different problem as the grundfos submersible pump should've lasted longer running your submersible pump continuous for 3 months straight. Either pumping your well off (dry well conditions) or you didn't have proper flow going across the motor and through the pump.
  6. PumpMd

Pressure switch not turning on at 40PSI

A pressure switch should work freely by seeing if you can turn the pressure switch on and off manually on the metal plate under the springs or spring. When you can't work it freely with little effort, your going to have build up under the pressure switch and sometimes bad enough inside the...
  7. PumpMd

Speaking of stuck pumps----

That would be very interesting to see something like that, to also work 240' down in water. I posted one on here to cut the inside casing pipe to install a pitless adapter on old wells that used a well seal, where they never intended it to ever have a pitless adapter installed. The other...
  8. PumpMd

Was the ground wire insulated or did it even have one back then? Just wondering if they did this later to save money(cents).
  9. PumpMd

Up size two line jet pump for more pressure?

Bigger pump with more pressure is the way to go. Everyone on here gave great advice. I was just pointing out the obvious seeing how your pump is 5gpm right?
  10. PumpMd

Up size two line jet pump for more pressure?

Currently it takes about 5min. To fill the tank to 50psi. That's a lot wasted electrical consumption to fill your pressure tank. 1/2hp-3/4hp 10gpm submersible pump would be a better match. Roughly 95psi max on a 1/2hp 10gpm submersible pump and 3/4hp 10gpm submersible pump is roughly 125psi...
  11. PumpMd

PIC of DIY plumbing manifold system...thanks for advice on this forum

A local pump installer or a plumber would have extras lying around where they might just give you one or two. A local Napa store might have some on hand as well.
  12. PumpMd

Helping me pick a new well pump!

55gals of drawdown with the heat pump system being at 7.5gpm is 7.33 minutes before your submersible pump will turn back on and run for a little more 1min to fill the pressure tank against what is running, so roughly 9mins for every cycle. Let's just say 9x7 cycles = 63mins roughly 10-11mins of...
  13. PumpMd

Sumbersible pump need help!

Professional install it's pretty consistent. As long as the boss man is watching you on what your doing to hook it up right. I figured you would post your picture of a light duty pressure switch.
  14. PumpMd

Just want to make sure I didn't confuse you when I said both sides of the pressure switch. The outside two should be the power from the breaker and the inside two should be the power feeding to your motor.
  15. PumpMd

A Franklin 230V 2-wire 3/4hp submersible motor will pull locked rotor amps at start up for a split second at 40.7amps and then it will smooth out to roughly in-between 7-8.5amps. The next time it won't start, make sure your getting proper voltage on both sides of the pressure switch to double...
  16. PumpMd

Float system from low flow well to cistern

Float switches are good use on a cattle troff that needs to stay full all the time. A cistern can hold more water than you could use in a house, so no reason to keep it full all the time. This is where BW controls are better to where you might not need to run the submersible pump in your well...
  17. PumpMd

Well. About to make me crazy.

It still sounded like the water wasn't going into the new pressure tank. When you raised the pressure on your pressure switch, this helped the diaphragm to get unstuck to the bottom and except water. Having 38psi on your pre-charge means that it will except water at 38psi.
  18. PumpMd

What size is your submersible pump(HP)? This is so everyone on here can check your motor specs on the correct amperage draw. Does this submersible pump have a control box? Sounds to me like your bearings are going out in your submersible pump and it's kicking the overload built into the motor...
  19. PumpMd

Will a CSV work for me?

Poly pipe splits just like 200psi PVC pipe from back in day under high pressure before sch40 was around. Those barb fittings you can get in sch40,sch80, and brass. Sch40 pipe will crack and Sch80 pipe will swell up really big. Buy 2 good all stainless steel clamps as well for each fitting you use.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks