Search results

1. Pewterpower

I want an indicater light for my element...

That's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks!
  2. Pewterpower

I want an indicater light for my element...

I want an indicator light for my element... Yup, just like it says. I'd like to put some sort of LED or indicator lamp so I know when my element is powered. It's a solar storage tank, but my question isn't really solar related. I stopped at Radio Shack but the kid didn't know much. So what...
  3. Pewterpower

Icemaker driving me nuts...

It harvests just fine. I can manually fill the ice tray/mold with water and it will make and eject ice cubes automatically just like it's supposed to. For some reason I can only get 90v to the solenoid, which is not enough. When I apply 110v to it, it works like a champ. (what I did was switch...
  4. Pewterpower

The voltage drop is definately coming from the icemaker itself. All the wiring and connecters going to the the I/M read 117v. There are test points on the I/M read only in the 90s and that's all I was getting at the solenoid as well. I find it hard to believe that I bought a replacement I/M...
  5. Pewterpower

New Water Softener Install Question

Why can't you just use those existing pipes, but extend them up a couple feet along that garage wall, and then through the garage wall. Then your softner will be in the garage. That's where mine is. I built a little closet around it, a few 2x4's and some plywood, just for protection. I've...
  6. Pewterpower

The plug that comes from the fridge and goes into the icemaker seems to be OK. I can jump the two wires inside that plug and get 110v. It will also activate the solenoid and send water just like it's supposed to. But when I plug it back into the I/M, and the juice is flowing thru the I/M, then...
  7. Pewterpower

I have a Kenmore side by side with your typical ice maker in it. Except it's not making ice.... The unit itself is working fine. What I've narrowed it down to is that the I/M is not sending enough power to the water solinoid to operate it properly. The solenoid itself is fine cuz I've switched...
  8. Pewterpower

insulation inside air handler

OK, so I'm a little more familiar with what I'm dealing with....... What I'm referring to is indeed called duct board. And the location I'm talking about isn't exactly the air handler, but the plenum. What I did today was removed the blower, took it apart, and thoroughly cleaned it. I...
  9. Pewterpower

insulation inside air handler

I think it's called ductboard. It's the insulation that lines the inside of the air handler. Well, mine is smelling rather musty from leaks that have happened in the past and I want to replace the foamboard/insulation/ductboard (whatever you call it) and re-line the inside of the air handler. I...
  10. Pewterpower

Neighbor wants me to help tile his floor

It's typical builder grade sheet vinyl, over a concrete slab. Of course, that price is way low, if you ask me. But at least it's not me. You all have brought up enough great points to make me realize I made the right decision. :D
  11. Pewterpower

Like I said, when I actually saw the size of the job he wanted to do, I was quite relieved when he told me he had a quote he was happy with. Right up to the time that I walked into his house, I was still struggling in my mind as to what to charge him, if anything. I already told him that...
  12. Pewterpower

Our brand new cast iron kitchen sink just... self destructed... help!

LMAO. I can't believe you got that on video! That's great...
  13. Pewterpower

When he told me he had that quote, the first thing I asked him was if he was drunk and undocumented. :D He said the guy seemed alright, so I told him to go for it. The first red flag for me is that he is going to tile over his vinyl floor. The second is that he is not going to pull up the...
  14. Pewterpower

I just now saw them out in the driveway, so I thought I'd walk over and talk about it. What the wife said was a "simple job" is actually far from it! Lots of twists and turns and cuts and angles. Also, it's over 400 ft. Then he said he had just got a quote from an installer to do it for $500...
  15. Pewterpower

Naw, it's not like that at all. I'll definately charge him something. But I don't want to be a horse's ass, either.
  16. Pewterpower

I'm gonna help him. But what should I suggest as pay? I know I'm gonna end up doing most of the work. It's a real simple job, about 400 sq ft in the entrance way and down a hallway. So what would the average handyman charge a friend to do some simple tile work?
  17. Pewterpower

Why Raise the Flange When You Can Just Lower The toilet!!

The subfloor was routed out 3/8"? So how much (thickness) floor is this toilet actually sitting on?
  18. Pewterpower

close call for family

How do you spend 5K on a stove, but are too cheap to have it installed???
  19. Pewterpower

Lesson Realized

I work for Coke and did a short stint on the Fountain side of the biz. I was in the kitchens of alot of restaraunts. Thank God I'm doing something else now, cuz I couldn't bring myself to dining out anywhere! Even now, I sit as far away from the kitchen and the soda fountain as I can. I'm just...
  20. Pewterpower

Bolt Down Lid?

Wasn't there a movie recently where the "bad" guy was waiting in a public bathroom, with a toilet tank lid in his hands, raised in a cocked position? Then when the "good" guy came in........ WHACK across the face with the lid. That would qualify as a good reason for a bolt down style......... :D
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks