Search results

1. joe beagle

Heavy rain = sewer backup

Hello, The problem: Over the course of 15 years, my sewer line has backed up five times in my 60-year-old house. It seems to happen when rainfall exceeds one-third of an inch in one storm. The flooding comes mostly through a toilet and to a lesser extent through a laundry sink drain and the...
  2. joe beagle

PurePro?

Dana, Thank you for your reply. You have given me a lot to think about, so I am going back to square one, redoing my heat-loss calculation, calculating my actual BTU/HDD number and then reconsidering my boiler options. In the meantime, like a lot of amateurs, I am finding it hard to...
  3. joe beagle

PurePro?

Dana, My heat load calculation came out to 40,000 using the calculator at www.loadcalc.net. I have two zones with a total of 64 linear feet of baseboard enclosed in metal radiator type cabinets below the windows. I now have an electric water heater, which I will eventually replace with...
  4. joe beagle

PurePro?

Hello, I am about to pull the trigger on a new boiler. I have settled on a company that appears to have a good track record and professional field rep. Wasn't the lowest price, but seems more dependable than both the highest and lowest bidders. There are currently two options: A Peerless MI-03...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks