Search results

1. Rue D'or

well won't take prime...

Thanks so much TW... i followed your instructions and now have water. Thanks so much!
  2. Rue D'or

well won't take prime...

i mis-spoke... of course i'm talking about priming the pump. it is a sta-rite mse-6 surface mounted jet pump that is about 40' deep. In South Louisiana, most wells will be relatively shallow. The hose is hooked up to the valve you see in the photo here. The well has a foot valve...
  3. Rue D'or

well won't take prime...

Woke up without water pressure yesterday. The pump was still running so it hadn't been off long enough to shut it in. Hooked up the neighbor's hose to prime it and hopefully get it started... but my pump would never kick in and take the prime. Any ideas on how to get water flowing?
  4. Rue D'or

sandy well water has toilets blocked... but a couple of different symptoms

I recently had the foot valve changed on my shallow water well... as usual, it blew a bunch of sand on restart. we let it run for five or ten minutes to blow most of the sand out, but still got a lot in the house plumbing. all three toilets are out. two will flush if you fill the reservoir...
  5. Rue D'or

sandy water has caused toilet problems

thanks i'll try that... btw... any recommendations on where to place the filter? somewhere inline directly on the pump outlet or between the pumping equipment [well house] and the house? thanks
  6. Rue D'or

sandy water has caused toilet problems

I recently had the foot valve changed on my shallow water well... as usual, it blew a bunch of sand on restart. we let it run for five or ten minutes to blow most of the sand out, but still got a lot in the house plumbing. all three toilets are out. two will flush if you fill the reservoir...
  7. Rue D'or

Well was frozen... now pump won't shut off

okay well so much for it holding pressure... i pulled the gauge off and it still shows the same pressure reading... going to try priming
  8. Rue D'or

Well was frozen... now pump won't shut off

my well froze friday night... no water but the gauge is holding 82 psi today [monday], the weather got to 50 or so for the entire afternoon and i had placed a space heater in the well house. now the well has cut back on, but will run continuously without shutting off. pressure gauge still...
  9. Rue D'or

suddenly no water!!

there was a lightning storm earlier in the day... but it was calm and quiet when the water went out.
  10. Rue D'or

suddenly no water!!

so i bought this house with a well knowing nothing about how to own or maintain a water well... but you guys have helped me service it many times before so i'm hoping you can do so again.. this one looks bad though - real bad. with no warning signs the wife comes over and says the water is...
  11. Rue D'or

Post-Hurricane Problem

thanks for the post mike... actually we didn't get as much rain as previous storms but i thought the same thing. i've looked at the posts about how to prime, and the only plug i see on my [vertical] pump is about 3/8 - 1/2 inch in a horizontal position towards the bottom. 1. is this the...
  12. Rue D'or

Post-Hurricane Problem

Gustav passed through here yesterday... we lost power around 2 p.m. and were out about 26 hours. When the power came back on, neither the well or flushing is working. I'm chalking the flushing up to a flooded septic tank and allowing the septic pump some time to work... however, the well...
  13. Rue D'or

Shower Filters?

Recently, I was having problems with my water well and the bladder tank. I fixed it with advice from this site [thanks!]. However, in doing so, it seems that some sludgy stuff was purged from the bladder through my water lines. It was enough to clog most of the filters on my faucets, etc...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks