Search results

1. pcantin

Moving P-Trap from Below the Floor to Above the Floor

Thanks for the replies. I think it will be easier to keep it as is. Again, it drains quickly and without issue, and it did pass inspection when it was put in. Much appreciated!
  2. pcantin

Just redoing the plumbing that is poorly done to clean it up a bit (dishwasher wye is cracked, etc.). I figured I would see which configuration is better now that I will be re-plumbing it. Yes, we are permitted to have the trap below the floor (we can go 36" down from the sink before the trap if...
  3. pcantin

Hello to you all. I am putting in a new double basin kitchen sink and want to use new pipes for the drain. Currently, the p-trap is under the floor (see diagram for the present setup). Is there an advantage to putting the p-trap just below the sink instead of having it below the floor? The vent...
  4. pcantin

Venting in Basement Rough-in

Thanks for the reply. The pipe at the tub has a p trap (at least I am pretty sure it does). I poured some water down it and it doesn't all drain away. it retains a water level that suggests a p trap is installed. If that tub pipe does indeed have a p trap is it possible that it vents to that...
  5. pcantin

Venting in Basement Rough-in

Hi there. I am new to this forum and would like to ask a few questions about my mother's 5 year old home in Ontario. She has a roughed in bathroom in her basement, and I am unsure if I need to add extra venting. Here is what she has in her basement: Since the slab has been poured, should...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks