Search results

1. Andrew Crawford

Phister shower faucet stem came out of cartridge - how to remove cartridge?

ok, we got it out. stuck the 18 year old in there and gave him a turn, that did it. bigger muscles than me. ended up sticking a two-foot long 3/8" bar across the lip first of the faucet first, in between the screws. he put his feet on that bar for leverage, kind of a human cartridge puller. that...
  2. Andrew Crawford

good tip. i put two screws in, but it doesn't budge at all. pulling with my feet against the wall, sitting in tub, all my strength, not an inch. i even put my 13 year old in there and he's a bull and a half, and he can't make it move either. i got in there with him and shoved a bar between the...
  3. Andrew Crawford

hi, i have what i think is a price pfister avente single-faucet, pull-out shower faucet. it's in my kids shower. they were complaining about water leaking out of the handle so i went to pull out the cartridge and put a new one in. i figured i was in trouble when i pulled the handle out to...
  4. Andrew Crawford

Tub spout is ruining my weekend

So my wife bought new shower trim, replacing an old Price Pfister Avento with their Catalina line. While I was trying to unscrew the tub spout's galvanized pipe nipple to put in a shorter one for the new spout, I of course turned too hard on the nipple, and sheared off the copper pipe that it...