Search results

1. lpennington

Loop for Dishwasher Drain Pipe

I ended up looping the dishwasher hose from directly where it exits the disposal into an upside-down "U" for approx 10 inches and then it goes down into the dishwasher. I filled the sink with soapy water and then drained it with the disposal on and no water made it up and around the "U"...
  2. lpennington

Not sure WTF that meant ... I didn't do this myself (I just observe and ask). I do appreciate your insight and even your tone as now I've been spurred to just have our normal plumbing company take care of this.
  3. lpennington

I don't think so. If I plug the sink, then fill it with soapy water, you see some of the water go thru the disposal and into dishwasher hose so there's nothing plugging the water from the disposal ... if that makes any sense.
  4. lpennington

The sad thing is that the granite counters and cabinets were done by a very reputable company. They do the faucet and disposal hookups and part of the service (and would've addressed had I said something) but clearly this why a licensed plumber always get hired when we need work done in the...
  5. lpennington

We had a new dishwasher put on last summer. No problems until this summer when we had new countertops and new undermount sink etc. We used this opportunity to purchase a new Sinkerator Premium 3/4 hp disposal or whatever the model was called. A day or two after they finished, I noticed that...
  6. lpennington

Estimate too low ?!

That came from the plumbing's receptionist but it turned out she was mistaken! This morning, I looked at a fax of he quote they'd sent to my office and it had an estimated time figure using $120/hr so she just had something on her mind that day. Our Drakes and new shower trim should be...
  7. lpennington

Estimate too low ?!

Very true statement. I didn't know about a fraction of the technical considerations ... That's definitely what made me not use an unlicensed plumber. He sounded like he knew what he was talking about. He was a nice guy etc, but I cannot have my downstairs ceilings destroyed due to a mishap nor...
  8. lpennington

Estimate too low ?!

I don't know whether to like the price or not ... I just threw as much info out on here to see if several people responded with "that's highway robbery!!" or "that's fair."
  9. lpennington

Estimate too low ?!

my bad ... did I ask anything wrong? I'm a 1st time homeowner. I wanted a reality check on prices. Which is why I asked here in the 1st place and before I asked anything that could've insulted my plumber. There are plenty of stories about folks getting taken advantage of so you do your...
  10. lpennington

Estimate too low ?!

Well ... just received word of the estimate for this job (installing 2 new Toto Drakes in a 10 yr old home ... no problems plus changing a showerhead, neck, and plate/trim in shower... no need for tear thru wall w/ the cartridge Delta sent) and the total was $1150 where our plumbers would...
  11. lpennington

Estimate too low ?!

I earn my living due to my own expertise and I hate it when people don't value my time etc. I've only owned a home for the 2 yrs I've been out of my residency and my uneducated observations have been that it's hard to distinguish the high level plumbings who are true engineers from the people...
  12. lpennington

Estimate too low ?!

True true. I would hope that Delta makes such things available to the plumbing profession ... we were about to pay for our wall to get ripped out unnecessarily (plus having to take another say off for the sheetrock person to put the bathroom back together again ).
  13. lpennington

Estimate too low ?!

So I had a local licensed plumber from a plumbing company come by for an assessment on the toilets in our 10 yr home. Very nice man, even put on those disposable booties as soon as he walked in the door (my wife loved that). He just measured the space from the wall to the toilet bolts and said...
  14. lpennington

Old Delta Valve w/new Delta products?

Just called Delta Faucets after being tipped off that Delta has a lifetime warranty on finish ... and now they're sending out a trim kit and a new cartridge that will enable us to change our old trim (1500 series) to a new 1700 series that they're providing for free! Also they say that the...
  15. lpennington

The gold plating is peeling badly on both pieces of the unit, the lever as well as the showerhead. We wanted new showerhead (and the neck) and a new lever unit too. I just spoke with the plumber and they tell me that model is too old to just change the pieces without having to go in thru the...
  16. lpennington

I'm looking to something similar ... just moved in and right now there's a 10 yr old Delta Monitor. The plumber came by and said if I could get a model # he could tell whether or not he'd need to cut the wall open (no access way) ... can anyone by chance give any specific info by this pic?
  17. lpennington

Estimate too low ?!

ok ok ok! dayum, you made your point without trying to scare me. lol. I telephoned the state department of licensing where he said he resides from. They had his name listed in the database however the license was not active for this year ... As you could tell from my post, i was somewhat...
  18. lpennington

Estimate too low ?!

I have spoken with a plumber who will be in our part of the country for the next month or two only. He offered to replace two toilets in our 11-yr old home for $45 / piece for labor. He also offered to switch out our showerhead and single-lever in our stand-up shower for $125. From my...
  19. lpennington

Delta Monitor Install...Need Help

there's a ring that you pull down near the "lower faucet" spout.
  20. lpennington

Delta Monitor Install...Need Help

Sorry in advance for this question I just moved into a 10 yr old home with a Delta Monitor Shower faucet [volume control lever; red/blue temp control, etc]. I see the volume control lever and the temperature control dial however I cannot figure how to turn the showerhead on!! Any guidance?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks