Search results

1. Topgun510

Stuck pitless unit. help please.

And no, this is my well and my last problem six months ago https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/pump-check-valve-or-pipe-leaking.70736/
  2. Topgun510

I have done exactly that, but I suspect this battle is lurking off the horizon and I just want to plan for it. I called a well installer, and he will come out later this afternoon or evening to give me his thoughts. He wasn't thrilled with the prospect of having to deal with the "duplex pitless...
  3. Topgun510

@ Chris, can you share your know how on what you used to pull your pitless & pump?? Did you build a platform and used a chain fall type hoist?? Looks like I may be heading towards the same endeavor. This is called a Duplex pitless I believe? Supposedly they were the fancy deal back in their day...
  4. Topgun510

Pump check valve or pipe leaking.

I thought about taking it out but I figured it was there so I reinstalled it. This gets water flowing for now. We'll cross that bridge when we get there. Someday when we have a major remodel, I'll factor in update/ upgrade the well at that point.
  5. Topgun510

That pipe does come from the well to the pressure tank and that is indeed the valve as valveman suggested. The markings on it is "Rockford" on one side and "1.25" on the other.
  6. Topgun510

Installed the check valve just before the tank. The well guy called at the end the of the day and we discussed the symptoms in more detail. Pretty much agreed that there is a bad check valve near the top my drop pipe below my pitless adapter. We would have to pull it up in order to fix that. He...
  7. Topgun510

Thanks for all your help. I'll get a check valve tonight after work and report back with my results.
  8. Topgun510

Were the two bleed valves designed to prevent this drain back? As far as adding a check valve now, can I just add one before the pressure tank?? I thought I read in a different post somewhere where an above ground check valve was illegal in Michigan. Can I add the check valve along this run...
  9. Topgun510

I've been doing tons of reading online, getting schooled on the subject. Is there something called a Drain Back Tee/ Bleed back valve that could possibly be my issue? I turned the well pump on this morning. After the initial fill up of my tank, the on time was right around 45 seconds and then...
  10. Topgun510

Thats what I figured. It was well after 6:30 when the guy called back, so I'm sure it was already a long enough day for him. He mentioned something about two bleed valves in the pipe that are designed to add air into the tank each time the pump comes on that are likely plugged now and thought...
  11. Topgun510

Also, well guy called back and was confident that it was just really water logged. I didn't think so, I had just drained the tank a week ago to no avail. At any rate, he wanted me to drain the tank, blow it out and refill it. I did notice I could not get the system to hold any pressure. I have a...
  12. Topgun510

I found them earlier today and called. They did take over the 1060 line but not the 1080.
  13. Topgun510

Alright, I think I'll just wait on these well driller/ installers to call back for now. I can't say I'm not half tempted to take a tow truck home and extend the boom and fab up something and see what the winches will do, but I don't like working on vehicles where others have molested so I need...
  14. Topgun510

Found this a moment ago after I Google the patent #. Any words of advice on how to proceed? I'm thinking I need to remove #19 pipe plug and then tap C cover off?? Looks like #40 is the pitlese adapter that keeps the pump and down pipe located? Thanks for all your help guys.
  15. Topgun510

I've been reading many of your replies in other threads. There is no check valve before the pressure tank. Smart state eh? For a second there I wish there was, then I got to reading your post about the things sounding better on paper than in the real world. Any advice on removing that cap? I...
  16. Topgun510

The pump is cycling every 48 seconds even when no water is being used.
  17. Topgun510

Hello everyone, Looks like every ten years or so I find myself on this forum asking for help. A decade ago it was the septic, drain pipe. Now we are dealing with what I suspect is a failed check valve or pipe in the well. Having the capability of hearing mouse fart has its pros and cons, I hear...
  18. Topgun510

Septic doom on the horizon ??

Come spring, I am going to replace the two pipes going from the house to the septic tank. Call it a preemptive strike, but I have a feeling its orangeberg as well and I want to replace them before they become a problem. Hopefully I can plan for it as opposed to having to alter my schedule to its...
  19. Topgun510

I was told to use concrete by my last septic guy. I let it set up over night before I filled the trench back in
  20. Topgun510

Here are some more photos. The ground was pretty easy to work. I had started to dig during the week. I uncovered about 1/3 of the 30' section in a few hours. With the help of my brother in law, we uncovered the rest of the damage in about 3 hours. Most if not all was sandy soil. So it made for...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks