Search results

1. mattmeier

When is it time to *replace the boiler*

Wow, seems like you really know your stuff and I certainly appreciate your time. I would like to clarify your suggested insulation stack. First, I assume any vents would get sealed during the initial spray foam application? The MemBrane would be installed over the rockwool and fastened...
  2. mattmeier

There isn't any uninsulated above-grade foundation exposed. The grade comes right up to the top of the foundation believe it or not. So far I spray foamed about 70% of the sill plates and rim joists on top of the foundation. Inside the foundation itself has 2*4 framing with bat insulation but...
  3. mattmeier

I am remodeling my basement in a historic (1923) home and I want to get a new boiler and have it installed in a new location. The existing boiler is a 28 year old cast iron Burnham and is located in the middle of the room feeding big old cast iron pipes. The pipes in the basement are going to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks