Search results

1. Jennifer T

Converting a Sunken Tiled Roman Tub area to a Drop-In Tub

I forgot to mention... this is a load bearing wall
  2. Jennifer T

Reach4... the problem is that they ran the copper outside the studs rather than drilling holes and running it so that the copper stay inside the walls. I can't push a vanity cabinet that has a back on it against the wall because it will hit the 1/2" copper pipe which is sticking out beyond the...
  3. Jennifer T

My bubble did burst when I realized the mistake I may have made... so I opened up the wall and found that it is a separate vent for the tub... bubble re-inflated. I have a new problem. I knew the drywall at the floor was "bulging" and assumed it was from getting wet. I was shocked to find the...
  4. Jennifer T

It's been a little while, but I did find the vent... I cut off the p-trap and pushed a measuring tape through until it stopped. That seemed to align with the position of the toilet (around 10'). As I pulled the measuring tape back out, I moved it around trying to feel where a vent might be...
  5. Jennifer T

jadnashua... thanks for the explanation, that makes sense. Will try and figure out where the closest vent is. I'm not sure there is an easy way of doing this, but I'll give it a try.
  6. Jennifer T

hj, not sure I understand the problem with odors, but definitely see the issue with snaking. I looked into different elbows and was wondering if my terminology was off. I see there is a short 90 degree and a long 90 degree. I've also considered that a 45 degree elbow is also possible. Would...
  7. Jennifer T

hj, thanks for your reply... sounds like I'm not too far off base :) I will position the trap under the new drain location as you stated. Vent is not in a convenient location... seems to be on the other side of the vanity. Is it OK to run from the p-trap (under new drain location) to the...
  8. Jennifer T

I've lurked here for years, but this is the first time I've posted. I'm an avid DIYer. I'm not afraid to do the work and the necessary research. I've done tile, laminate floor, full kitchen remodel and recently a guest bathroom remodel. On this last venture, I did hire a tile guy to do the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks