Search results

1. Chefwong

Drain-Tailpiece Leaking

I've been scratching me head on this one...I've replaced the DW tailpiece directly off the sink drain twice already. Top Hat Washer as well. 17GA tailpiece . Noticed this again, corrison outside tailpiece - must be coming from the joint between sink drain-tailpiece. What gives. I think on this...
  2. Chefwong

Corrosion on Water Inlet - 10 Month Install

New tank replaced early-mid January this year. Just noticed this on the cold water inlet side of the tank. Notice it's only on the area closest towards the flue. Is it just to incoming *cold*, temperature difference and just the heat from the flue ? When I look at the hot, it looks clean...
  3. Chefwong

DWV Backwater Valve

We have the kind where the door is closed, and the flow of water *opens* the door. It's all CI - suppose code regulations. I've seen the plastic ones - which might seem like it's a more superior design ? I know it's not foolproof - I am mindful around late Aug/Sept to remove the cover and...
  4. Chefwong

Vapor Lock Kicked In

Previous water heater died due to vapor lock.... Been thinking about this as I never did conclude to a root cause It started one day where we picked smell of the backdrafting gases Close inspection of the plastic -caps- around the feeds indeed confirmed it was backdrafting Then in the same week...
  5. Chefwong

Powered Anode Rod - How do you know it's working

Smelly water aside, what if one doesn't have smelly water. With a regular rod, you can at least see the rod corrode. With a powered rod, do you just have to -trust- that it's working and doing it's job.
  6. Chefwong

Doubling Up on Hammer Arrester

It's going to be alot easier before the washing machines get - shoved into place - so let me hear it. I'm taking the belt and suspenders approach with the new washer (fast acting valves most likely) and no hammer arrestors on the outlet valves. So I'll be doubling up. Bought 4. Two to be...
  7. Chefwong

What does this say about the previous water heater

Removed laundry washer today. Cold Hose - clean as a whistle on the washers On the Hot, the washer on the outlet box and the washer on the other hose end on the machine. A lil bit of yellowish sediment on the water. Not alot. Just a small ring. Obviously it was coming from the tank. Enlighten...
  8. Chefwong

-Finished Nipples-

What tools are you guys using for finished (chrome) 1/2 nipple. Slip joint pliers and rubber, old hose, etc I have a pair of slip joints with plastic jaws but I find the grip meh t times, so I end up just putting. old hose on it, and grip it with a regular slip joint Was looking at it, but...
  9. Chefwong

Plastic connection fittings - GHT WYE under pressure

Redoing the Mud Room with the new Laundry Appliances Comes with a plastic M/F WYE adapter for single outlet to 2 inlets..... What are you thoughts on plastic fittings under pressure. Should I just go and buy a like metal-brass variant or these plastic ones are fine for the usable life of the...
  10. Chefwong

Radiant Style Burner

This came across my you tube feeds ..... For those in the know, regular burner vs *radiant style burner* vs open burner. Is one style going to be much more reliable than the other \
  11. Chefwong

Wall Hungs - Do they all Sag

The plan for the next renovation is a wall hung toilet. Been paying attention whenever I see one - as someone old me they all sag over time. Any pros or joes on board that can confirm ?
  12. Chefwong

BackWater Valve Working - Explain the Technical Observation

We're getting Some Flash Heavy Rain Flooding. I know the BackWater Valve is working I think ? The lowest point in the hose and about 20 feet away is a toilet tank. Water is being siphoned from the toilet for whatever reason. Is it due to potential water *inside* the house and once the water...
  13. Chefwong

Inspection Camera's

Off topic or on topic, but all you old timers out there who do drain work, I gotta say, what -fun- it must be troubleshooting before the time/era of whenever inspection camera did not exist. Just used my new camera to trace out a outside line that I believe wasn't going to a dry well and I...
  14. Chefwong

Change Slip Joint Washer Every Time

In my wheelhouse of plumbing...it's generally -new- remodel stuff. Once she's buttoned up, plumbing tools might come back out another decade later ;-) Lately, I have been disassembling tailpieces, putting them back, etc. I did not replace the washer last time I undid/redid the connection, but I...
  15. Chefwong

Does Enzyme Cleaner Get Killed Off With Boiling Water

My Sink Drains see anywhere on average of 1 gallon of boiling water at least every day or every other day (depends what's getting blanched). Currently in the middle of a enzyme treatment. It's -touted- that the enzymes actually grow more with each treatment inside the piping system. Bearing me...
  16. Chefwong

Do I have a sticky-spot in my DW line

https://terrylove.com/forums/index.php?threads/opinions-on-enzyme-cleaner.94440/#post-680262 Started this thread Day 4 of Enzyme Cleaner. Confirmed same as day 3. Faucet on constant on, and even after letting it run 45 seconds to 1 minute +, water just keeps on draining. Whereas previously, it...
  17. Chefwong

Opinions On Enzyme Cleaner

On a formerly slow running drain, I ended up snaking it, which got the grease ball/clog, and then accumulate debris/slow backup. I was doing the enzyme treatment with no luck/change We make it a point to not pour grease in the sinks . I think the grease buildup was maybe due to washing the...
  18. Chefwong

Good/Better/Best Fridge Water Filter ?

I've never had our fridges hooked up to the water filters. It's plumbed for it ....but IMO fridge lines freezing, etc. More problem than worth. Have always like fresh ice anyways so we tend to use ice trays based on -frequency-. Have always had a countertop pitcher style filter for water...
  19. Chefwong

Electrical Outlets

I don't like the like the look of outlet low by the toilet valve In this current day and age we live in, is it -good- practice, whether it be for immediate use or just -value- to add a electrical outlet next to the tank so it's bidet ready
  20. Chefwong

Drop Ear Fittings - When

Getting back onto the training wheels per-se. Been awhile since I've done a full gut/demo/remodel route. For drop ear fittings (female end) and or Copper Stub Outs *L Copper Capped 90s*, where are you using it in RO applications Toilet supply Showerhead Tub Spout Sink In the past I've used...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks