Search results

1. Chefwong

Drain-Tailpiece Leaking

Off the Kitchen sink drain, it's leaking on the DW tailpiece off of it (17awg brass). Didn't pick up on it till now, but it's got quite a bit of crud/corrision from whatever is slowly leaking from use.... And I've replaced it 2X in the last 5 years as a Wild Guess ? Last time being maybe a year...
  2. Chefwong

Drain-Tailpiece Leaking

I've been scratching me head on this one...I've replaced the DW tailpiece directly off the sink drain twice already. Top Hat Washer as well. 17GA tailpiece . Noticed this again, corrison outside tailpiece - must be coming from the joint between sink drain-tailpiece. What gives. I think on this...
  3. Chefwong

Corrosion on Water Inlet - 10 Month Install

For note on post #3/4 System was buttoned up yet as I was sweeping the flue and unbuttoned it I suppose it's just the inlet side (obviously only the side facing the flue) and the condensate or water temp differential.... It's on my radar to monitor it I suppose,
  4. Chefwong

Corrosion on Water Inlet - 10 Month Install

New tank replaced early-mid January this year. Just noticed this on the cold water inlet side of the tank. Notice it's only on the area closest towards the flue. Is it just to incoming *cold*, temperature difference and just the heat from the flue ? When I look at the hot, it looks clean...
  5. Chefwong

DWV Backwater Valve

Of course, the internet tracking cookies and all that.... A video popped up on my feed. The CI unit I have, the demo showed it flipped on its side (door closed). Water was poured on the fitting end and *some water* was seen coming out the other end. So even as such, it's not a complete seal...
  6. Chefwong

DWV Backwater Valve

Off topic or on topic. But I wonder, in the realm of things, when pros install these - do they ever *see* the benefits:results of the work or it's simply just an install. And or we install this cause it is better on paper, or we install this because we service X yearly, and this one seems to...
  7. Chefwong

DWV Backwater Valve

I think it's more a local code thing....It's just a big ole cast unit with a brass door on it. Akin to how Romex was not allowed for quite some time until the last decade or so where it was allowed for use in 3 family unit and below....etc. I may be way off on Code but it's something to that...
  8. Chefwong

DWV Backwater Valve

We had some work eon's ago and one of the contractors must have done a #2....... When we got backflow and it failed, I suspect it was the contractor....as there was a large lump of #### right on the lip of the door after post event and checking why the door did not do it's job. Aside from that...
  9. Chefwong

DWV Backwater Valve

Ah, I see. Then I guess my -best education- on how it works sounds about right. If there is backflow, there may:will be some making it past the door until the door get's fully shut. Fully shut occurs when the -DWV backflow- fills up to the volume point that the water volume pressure is great...
  10. Chefwong

DWV Backwater Valve

We have the kind where the door is closed, and the flow of water *opens* the door. It's all CI - suppose code regulations. I've seen the plastic ones - which might seem like it's a more superior design ? I know it's not foolproof - I am mindful around late Aug/Sept to remove the cover and...
  11. Chefwong

Vapor Lock Kicked In

Previous water heater died due to vapor lock.... Been thinking about this as I never did conclude to a root cause It started one day where we picked smell of the backdrafting gases Close inspection of the plastic -caps- around the feeds indeed confirmed it was backdrafting Then in the same week...
  12. Chefwong

Any need to replace this 6 year old anode rod?

So herein lies the question. See, minimal corrosion on the anode. How do you make the same judgement call on what's working or not with a Powered Anode. Trust and Faith
  13. Chefwong

Powered Anode Rod - How do you know it's working

It doesn't say so but I presume DC ?
  14. Chefwong

I didn't post a pic of the wall wart but I posted the rated output - it's just a wall wart ya know. I'll snap one if you want it but it's 12V - 1AH
  15. Chefwong

I know who the make/manufs is. It's BNIB. I thought your ? was to see what the Power Supply Output Markings, etc was.
  16. Chefwong

Yes, DC. The brains is here . No markings on the back https://www.dropbox.com/s/bavpqv2xn1c9nan/IMG_0907.png?dl=0
  17. Chefwong

Nothing special . Just a wall wart - Output 12V 1AH The control box has not markings. Just green for good, 1 blinking red for X status, etc
  18. Chefwong

Snapped a high res pic if you want to geek out on this thing. Presumably 2 part titanium. The 3rd part is some oxidize material - not sure what the core is https://www.dropbox.com/s/imq1zs3bcynb7rp/IMG_0906.png?dl=0
  19. Chefwong

Yes, not a regular paper clip but the larger one that is about 3 inches long or so.....the diameter of that. Terrible example, but Jumbo clip like this is the OD of the AO https://www.staples.com/Staples-Jumbo-Paper-Clips-Nonskid-1-000-Pack/product_472514 If you google AO rod, pics would up...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks