Search results

1. hlbmab

Installing a bladder tank horizontally?

Is there any reason I can't install a bladder tank horizontally on a shallow well jet pump system? The reason I ask is that I want to put the pump inside a plastic storage bin that is only two feet high.
  2. hlbmab

Well Pump

I'm in the same boat as Khalil, I need a new pump and don't know what brand to get. My current one is a Sta-Rite but I don't know if I should get that or something different. I have seen Flotec (I think now owned by Sta-Rite) and WaterAce at places like Lowes and Ace. Any recommendations for...
  3. hlbmab

Installing a shallow well

Thanks for your help... From the posts on this forum I gather that my pump is doing what it is designed to do but there is a problem with the pump motor overheating. Since it is an old pump I will probably just replace it. I want to thank you all for your help. Henry
  4. hlbmab

I agree about the plugs. This is temporary until I can get a wire through a brick wall. The pump is a Sta-Rite SN Series Shallow Well Jet Pump with one hole in the front (except for a small plug below the 1 1/4" hole).
  5. hlbmab

The pump has a 4 foot 14 guage cord pluged into a 25 ft 12 guage extension cord. The extension cord is pluged into a 20 amp circuit about 20 ft from the main panel. I had thought about this as a potential problem and switched from a 16 guage extension cord to the 12 guage with little...
  6. hlbmab

Hello Mike, I didn't realize that "tomorrow" was going to be more than two months later. Other things took priority. Here is what I have done this week. Drove a well point down about 13 ft and using a rod determiner that there was 4.5 ft of water in the well (the well is about 65' from a...
  7. hlbmab

Mike, thanks for the quick detailed response. I am going out this evening and will probably have some questions tomarrow. Henry
  8. hlbmab

I live on the east coast near water and would like to install a well to water plants and a small garden. I am told that water is available at about 18' and that a well point can be either driven or washed (jetted?) but I have never done either. Does anyone here know where I could find the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks