Search results

1. B

Need some tips on screw selection for closet flange

I already bought the brass screws ----- Since I already bought the brass screws, I'm wondering if they will be OK. How do the brass screws compare to stainless steel? Is the brass screw 90% as good as stainless steel? Are there people out there using brass screws regularly to attach a...
  2. B

Need some tips on screw selection for closet flange

I am replacing my bathroom's tile floor and will be screwing down a new closet flange. From what I've read online, the best screws to use for this are stainless steel. But I checked at Lowes and Home Depot, and they don't carry stainless steel screws big enough to screw down a closet flange...
  3. B

OK, so I cut off the top of the closet flange --- now what?????

The first floor kitchen is below.... There is a kitchen right below, but the plumbing in the ceiling would be a bear to access. I'm going to do this job from above. There has got to be a way to glue in some PVC either inside or around what I have now -- a 3-inch pipe with the bottom of the...
  4. B

OK, so I cut off the top of the closet flange --- now what?????

In the process of tearing out my bathroom tile floor to install a new tile floor, I discovered that the PVC toilet flange was simply resting in the concrete mud base layer and draining into a second, lower PVC flange on the plywood subfloor. It wasn't even glued in to the system. Since I...
  5. B

PVC coupler dry fit is too tight --- will cement lubricate it?

I am working with PVC welding for the first time. I am raising the height of a toilet flange using a coupler and a new section of 3" PVC. The coupler does not slide "easily" onto the PVC pipe. It goes on to the shoulder all the way, but with considerable effort. I've never used PVC glue...
  6. B

Need Help Extending Toilet Drain Pipe to Raise Flange Up for Floor Level

Thanks --- just one question Thanks so much for your detailed response. I understand exacty what needs to be done now. However, I don't understand how I am supposed to cut the current flange off because it is down inside the floor. If I unscrew the flange, will I be able to pull the pipes...
  7. B

Need Help Extending Toilet Drain Pipe to Raise Flange Up for Floor Level

Need Help Extending Toilet Drain Pipe to Raise Flange Up to New Floor Level Here's the situation: I am remodeling my upstairs bathroom and will be laying new porcelain tile down on the floor. To prepare, I tore out the existing ceramic tile and a 1-inch layer of cement mud. I've got it all...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks