Search results

1. hellspcangel911

Fleck 5810 programming help

Hi all, I installed a water softener system about 5 years ago, and its been working well until we lost power for a week. I realized later that since then the settings have been off and the water has been 'hard'. Can you help me figure out the settings to program the 5810? Specs: Model: 5810...
  2. hellspcangel911

Replacing a Slant Fin Galaxy GG-125 HEP Boiler

Thats a nifty device, I have a Honeywell Wifi thermostat with alerts enabled. My concern is the damage it might cause and the cost of having an emergency repair vs doing it now.
  3. hellspcangel911

Replacing a Slant Fin Galaxy GG-125 HEP Boiler

Hi All, I installed this natural gas boiler back in 1991 (IIRC), to heat my 2,300sqft house. It hasnt missed a beat and can I say I havent had any issues. I'm located in CT, so we get some decently cold winters, but i always found the gas bill to be surprisingly low. DHW is supplied with a gas...
  4. hellspcangel911

Slant Fin MONITRON electric boiler for hydronic baseboard heat

Thanks for that very informative post. I had a HVAC guy come out and he sized it for a 30,000 btu LG unit. Truth is I had this Pioneer unit left over from a project that went sideways so it seemed like a good fit. So far the unit has worked extremely well, and its relatively inexpensive. I have...
  5. hellspcangel911

Thanks Dana for clarifying the flow switch. The mini split is a Pioneer, as seen here PIONEER Air Conditioner WYS036G-17 Wall Mount Ductless Inverter+ Mini Split Heat Pump, 36000 BTU-208/230 V The house has an open floor plan, and being nested on the lake it does get cold winds in the winter...
  6. hellspcangel911

Dana, a lot of good information in your last post. I actually installed a 36k BTU mini split in the main room (16'x35') primarily for AC in the summer as the other rooms have window units, but it certainly should help with the heating cost in the winter. I will follow your lead on insulating...
  7. hellspcangel911

Thanks Dana for the explanation. The valve is set to full open, and the system has been working so I won't mess with it. I'll pop the cover and check for more info. Do you have any reservations on using this system for year round use? Any recommendations on upgrading?
  8. hellspcangel911

Hi all, I purchased a summer home that was retrofitted in 1992 with a Monitron electric boiler and hydronic baseboards to allow for year round living. I have never seen one of these units before and was hoping to get some advice. The system is quite simple, has two zones/valves, one circulator...
  9. hellspcangel911

Advice selecting and installing water softener

Hi PolyChrome, thanks for your view on the Radon and septic systems. Since I already have the charcoal tank, I might as well incorporate it. I will be adding a manual backwashing valve to keep the tank clean between the 3 year service intervals. As for the septic, I've read and heard an equal...
  10. hellspcangel911

Well that really clears it up, I didnt realize thats how the metering system worked. can anyone suggest where to buy a system? Im looking at this at the moment https://www.amazon.com/Fleck-9100SXT-water-softener-digital/dp/B00A6GPUFS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1484683568&sr=8-1&keywords=9100SXT+48000
  11. hellspcangel911

What makes the 9100SXT a better solution? I guess im not quite sure how they are different than the 7000 and the 5810? The 1 micron filter was put in place after the radon unit was installed to catch any of the run away media. both filters are quite clean after 6 months and water pressure hasnt...
  12. hellspcangel911

Thank you Reach4 and Ditto for the informative responses. Based on this one being discontinued I'm looking into the 5810 vs the 9100SXT. From a cost standpoint I'm leaning towards a single tank 2cft Reach4 - I'll plumb it out as you suggested with the tap to the kitchen and gauge.
  13. hellspcangel911

Hi All, Let me first thank all of you for the tremendous resource you have been. For years I've read these forums, helping me tackle every aspect of plumbing repairs. THANK YOU for sharing your time and knowledge. I'm at the point where I need to install a water softener in our house. I...
  14. hellspcangel911

New house, heat and well pump questions

The pump satisfies the switch, no issues.
  15. hellspcangel911

just a quick update, I replaced the gauge and found that the check valve by the tank was not working. It was indeed one with plastic internals. When I was at the store I picked up a replacement spring loaded 1" valve and found it had a lot of resistance. I tried the 1 1/4" valve which was very...
  16. hellspcangel911

Appreciate the thorough response. You raise an interesting point, during my troubleshooting I relied on the gauge, but I just switched off the pump ran out a bunch of water and theres no change on the gauge. when I switched on the pump it started up again. Ill swap out the gauge, flush out the...
  17. hellspcangel911

Im not concerned with the requirements of my local health/building department, if the equipment fails im the one paying for it not the city.. I hear water coming into the tank, I turn the ball valve off preventing any water from leaving the tank and theres no change to the noise.
  18. hellspcangel911

pictures are below, the tank is a Well-Xtrol unit, has a membrane in it set to 30 psi through the valve up top. I just went down to take the picture after being out for a few hours, no water consumption but the water was pumping in. Gauge says theres 59 psi in the tank. Thats the depth the...
  19. hellspcangel911

Hi All, Long time reader, first time poster. Love the forum, lots of great advice and troubleshooting help here, all in a fostering environment. Hoping to contribute to that. Problem 1: The house we recently bought (1993 built) has a well pump, I would assume about 500 feet deep. At the tank...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks