Search results

1. fishtanke

Advice on iron removal

Sorry about the wrong terminology, it is a submersible. The tank is a WWT35.
  2. fishtanke

Advice on iron removal

I just filled a 5 gal pail in 15 seconds. That would be 20 gal per minute. It wouldn't have anything to do with how fast the water is replaced in the well, which is 2 quarts per minute. I calculated that there is about 400 gallons of water being stored in the well plus another 30 or so in the...
  3. fishtanke

Advice on iron removal

It seems like a birm filter with air injection might be the the easiest way to take care of this iron. I just checked my flow rate, it was about 20 gpm. Would my well be able to supply enough water for a backwash? How much water is normally used in a typical backwash? If I go with birm, how...
  4. fishtanke

Advice on iron removal

I've suffered with poor water for years and I'm finally going to do something about it. Here's some of the test results: iron 6.1 ppm hardness 10 grains pH 6.9 The well is 300 feet deep and it only recovers at 2 quarts per minute. The foot valve is at 290 ft and the static...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks