Search results

1. nzairforce

Sink Vent Connection

Thanks Hi HJ, Thanks for the reply! I wasn't sure if it was CPVC or PVC that should be used in this instance. I guess I was confused with other posts about PVC vs CPVC for water supply lines. So do I just get a couple of those "no-hub" band connectors to tie into the galvanised side of...
  2. nzairforce

Sink Vent Connection

Anyone?? Hi there everyone, I see there are plenty of people looking at this thread, but is there anyone out there that can answer my questions. I don't want to make a mess of this project, so that's why I'm asking for some help. Cheers.
  3. nzairforce

Sink Vent Connection

Baby on the way! Wife starting to complain Hi guys, Sorry for the bump. Just looking for some answers to my previous post. It's taken me a year to sort out the top floor of my house due to work commitments, and now the wifes starting to get antsy due to first baby on the way, and no upstairs...
  4. nzairforce

Sink Vent Connection

Same thread, different questions Thanx Phil, I'll look out for the right tap for thread pitch. My next questions invlove vent lines. In the picture 1, you can see 2 galv pipes rising then going right into the main stack, also shown in pic 2 (stack is behind frame). These vents come off the...
  5. nzairforce

Sink Vent Connection

Thread Pitch?? Bump...Bump.. Sorry for the bumps, but I need to start closing up the walls in the bathroom, but can't until i get this issue sorted out. Thanks
  6. nzairforce

Sink Vent Connection

Tap info Hi everyone, Thanks for the replies. I think I will try to re-tap the threads on the CI, before I try to cut anything else out. Does anyone know the correct size and/or thread pitch for the tap required? I got a 2" x 3" pice of galvanised pipe from HD, which I was going to use to...
  7. nzairforce

Sink Vent Connection

Bump Bump bitty bump bump. Can anyone help me with this problem? Any information would be greatly appreciated. Cheers. :)
  8. nzairforce

Sink Vent Connection

Howdy Everyone, I am re-doing the walls in my bathroom, and I noticed that one of the threaded parts of the vent from the sink to the main stack was corroded to basically nothing. I removed the rusted threaded portion and ended up cutting the 90 degree fitting as well, as it was corroded to the...
  9. nzairforce

Pipe replacement

Thanks Mark. I'll give it a go. :)
  10. nzairforce

Pipe replacement

Oops! :( Forgot to attached the picture. Sorry!
  11. nzairforce

Pipe replacement

More pipes Howdy! Can someone please give me some insight on how I would go about replacing this pipe? I appears to be made of lead, and there also appears to be lead "melted" into the connection with the main waste pipe. Any thoughts? Thanks. :confused:
  12. nzairforce

Pipe replacement

Great!! Cheers Bob! I really appreciate the quick reply. I'll go and check that out now.
  13. nzairforce

Pipe replacement

Howdy Everyone! Great site. Lots of information. I am remodelling my bathroom, and I want to replace and reroute some plumbing, water pipes for vanity and shower. Below is a picture of what I want to tackle. The pipe running up the wall goes to the shower, the ones heading away from the wall...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks