Search results

1. nrphillip2

Sketch Up Drawing

It says on back. Not on their or its back. Implying as I read it that its on the back of the trap. However, not worth arguing over if it cost me $3 more I could care less at this point. Did an inspector make you rip it out? hJ. I see what you're saying now. Of course I'm not using two 90s to...
  2. nrphillip2

Sketch Up Drawing

Thank you! It means a lot to me when people like you guys give free advice so I want to do as much of the leg work as possible. I'm going to be drawing up these plans and filing for a permit tomorrow. Just need to figure out how to draw them for the city inspector now.
  3. nrphillip2

Sketch Up Drawing

I didn't want to overload you guys with information. There is a vent that the tub/shower has going through the roof separate from the main vent. I can't see why it wouldn't be allowed though since everything is properly vented. If it helps the floor and interior of the bathroom is in green and...
  4. nrphillip2

Sketch Up Drawing

Excellent point! That would solve some of the problems of the pipe coming up preemptively out of the concrete pad which is only 3" think from what I can gather from breaking it up. I can hide that with another makeshift wall or shelf or something easily enough. However, I do think that a...
  5. nrphillip2

Sketch Up Drawing

33 people looked at this and not a single comment? Awesome it must be good enough then.
  6. nrphillip2

No way this is legal toilet vent

Yes that is where I saw it as well just irritating how much misinformation there is
  7. nrphillip2

Sketch Up Drawing

Last time I asked for help I had a crappy drawing that didn't look good. I've taken the time to really draw this thing out now and would appreciate your feedback. Project/History Bought house 2 years ago. Want to put in a shower in the downstairs basement so I'm breaking into the wall of the...
  8. nrphillip2

No way this is legal toilet vent

So I came across this photo and a similar one both show vent pipe going horizontal below the flood line which would be the toilet rim. I though it had to go vertical or no lower than 45 degrees verticle until xx inches above the flood limit?
  9. nrphillip2

Basement Rough In Plumbing - Venting

This is a good question can a plumber answer this?
  10. nrphillip2

[3D diagram] Basement Remodel Bathroom Help (add shower)

Pipe fittings and sizes will be correct I'm not concerned about that. This is a conceptual drawing. Final plans will be drawn correctly with the right symbols. All I'm asking is. Regarding the venting is will it meet ipc code and if any one see any glaring problems withy the layout
  11. nrphillip2

Going to be submitting plans to the inspector on Monday any last minute advice? Anyone see issues to my plan?
  12. nrphillip2

Need help with a shower drain in basement

Why not use a pvc wye which is glued in place. The other guy is right. Your vent needs to come off at a45 degree angle or higher to be considered a proper vent. If you vent it there where you have it currently you have to go horizontal to get to a wall to hide the vent pipe
  13. nrphillip2

Basement bathroom--use shower vent for toilet

Excellent posts! Much appreciated as I'm trying to plan my basement install as well.
  14. nrphillip2

Got it! I do not know the underslsb plumbing yet but will find out soon. Branching off the toilet before the main is a good idea, it will save me from another vent pipe to tie in. If those are my only issues though I think I'm in luck! Can any one else provide feedback before I submit these...
  15. nrphillip2

Good Day All, I'm not a plumber. I'm handy and willing to learn. I want to add a shower to my basement bathroom. From what I've read I don't think what is currently in there is up to code due to venting issues. See left picture for setup. anything under the slab is a guess since I haven't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks