Search results

1. K

Won't stop cracking.

Great. I was hoping a fix would be that simple. Thanks for the tips.
  2. K

Won't stop cracking.

That's an interesting idea. I'm certainly willing to give it a shot. Thanks.
  3. K

Won't stop cracking.

Hi. I 'm hoping I can get a little advice. I have a place on the wall of a bedroom where the drywall constantly cracks. It starts by the window frame and splits down the corner of the room (sse pic). I've spackled and painted it a number of times, but eventually (after a month or two) the...
  4. K

One-handle

Excellent! Thanks to you both.
  5. K

One-handle

One-handle Eljer tub faucet I have an ELJER one-handle tub and it recently started leaking. I thought I could just easily replace the plastic valve?(guts) to fix it (see pic). But I can't find those particular parts anywhere (Loews, HD, etc.) No one seems to have any Eljer stuff (other than...
  6. K

Leaky one-handle tub faucet

Thanks for the tips, especially about the nut. I was trying with all my strength to get that nut to move, but it wouldn't budge. I'll definately get another set of hands to help me with it.
  7. K

Leaky one-handle tub faucet

I'm about to attempt my first plumbing fix ever so I'm a little nervous. I have a tub that started to leak a few weeks ago and it's driving me nuts. So far I've shut the water off and disassembled the knob. Questions: Is this a job that should be done by a novice? Can I...
  8. K

pvc cutting

Thanks. That sounds like exactly what I need.
  9. K

pvc cutting

I need to shorten a pvc pipe (4" in diameter I believe), and I was wondering what would be the best way to cut it. The pipe is vertical and in a really tight space so it doesn't have a lot of clearence around it, so using a hand saw would be very difficult. I was wondering if you could use...
  10. K

What's this for??

Thanks. It crossed my mind to make that section of the lawn into a little landscape feature with rocks, plants etc. to hide the thing. But I think I still might want to go the "bury it" route. Thanks again for the replies.
  11. K

What's this for??

Thanks. That's what I was afraid of. I'll have to get them back out to my house to fix it. It looks like it would be a super-simple and quick job to shorten it. Maybe I could just do it myself.
  12. K

What's this for??

Thanks for the reply. That takes care of the "what", but I'm still trying to figure out the "why." Why is it above ground? I'm pretty sure that the original pipe had a clean out and it was buried. And it's not like it's above ground in a inconspicuous place like a flower bed, it's out in...
  13. K

What's this for??

Hi from Maryland. I just had the sewer line (from the front of the house to the street) replaced at my home. I was at work when it was replaced, so I didn't see it until it was all done. When I got home I saw that a chunk of the pipe (a cap or trap?) was sticking out of the ground a few...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks