Search results

1. LittleTree

20 amp or 15 amp for common household receptacle use?

That's what I thought. If you read my second post above I had stated that. However, in keeping with common sense, I am applying the "80% rule" to my project to avoid any nuisance tripping. Thanks for clearing that up.
  2. LittleTree

Thank's for the reply. I did wire the lights separately from the receptacles but ganged a few rooms together to meet (or under) the 80% load of the circuit. I'm going to wire the tv/computer/stereo items to be dedicated so I don't run into tripping problems. And with the info PatrickH passed...
  3. LittleTree

Great! That's what I was looking for. Thanks much.
  4. LittleTree

Thank you for the response. I have the code book and understand the spacing and the formula for the amount of circuits required per square footage. I don't think that's the issue I'm having. These are all "minimum" requirements. And actually, as I understand it, in residential homes you are...
  5. LittleTree

Hello all. Doing a complete remodel on an old historic home in Portland, OR and have garnered much info from this website in the past just by reading the forums. Well, the time has come to post my first thread. I am re-wiring all the electrical (as the homeowner of course) in this home and...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks