Search results

1. AlSailor

Need Help with Countertop Tile Repair Project

OK, I grinded the mortar off. One poster above recommended using a mesh tape? I haven't seen this used in tile installation videos available online. Is this an optional method? I did see a video where it was recommended to use thinset on top and mastic on the side surface.
  2. AlSailor

The tile came loose because (1) I believe someone did stand on it and (2) there was a toilet that was too tall and we attempted to remove the tank lid when the toilet stopped flushing. There is a new toilet now, of proper height.
  3. AlSailor

Hi. A whole row of edge tiles came loose on our bathroom counter top. I removed the tiles in order to reattach them. My understanding is, I need to remove the old adhesive. When I try to remove the adhesive, it looks like it takes out chunks of the backerboard (see pics). How do I remove it...
  4. AlSailor

What is this substance around the sink cutout in countertop?

So it's not necessary to coat that edge with anything? Just seal the sink with silicone caulk?
  5. AlSailor

What is this substance around the sink cutout in countertop?

I am replacing a rusted bathroom sink. After removing the old sink, I see that there is some substance covering the edge of the sink cutout. What is it? Thanks.
  6. AlSailor

Shower faucet noise, only when water is flowing through the spout

Yes, just seems like it's excessive noise in this case.
  7. AlSailor

Shower faucet noise, only when water is flowing through the spout

I have a Mixet shower faucet. It makes a whooshing noise only when the water is flowing through the spout. If I divert the water to the shower, there is no noise. I replaced the stem and handles, but it did not affect the noise. What could be the cause? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks