Search results

1. The Amazing Dam

How long is too long for hot water?

I installed a Rinnai when I built in '09. I put it in my "water room" (a bump out in the footprint of foundation, not much useable for other stuff). The water comes in from the well, into well trol, filter, then Rinnai. Next it travels through 60' of 3/4 Pex into a Manabloc, in my mechanical...
  2. The Amazing Dam

Air in lines...why?

Further update: Using pleated filter instead of carbon filter. Enjoying best water pressure ever. Haven't had a hiccup anywhere. Decided to time my "pump on" time. I ran the hose for about 4 minutes, with nothing else on in the house. When I shut the hose, I started a stopwatch and ran it...
  3. The Amazing Dam

Air in lines...why?

So after I got everything functional, I went back and loosened the qty 4, 3/4" head bolts on the sanitary cap and tried yanking up on it. (Yeah yeah I know, there was plumbing and electrical attached to it...what a dum dum). But anyway, I was unable to budge it. I didn't want to overloosten...
  4. The Amazing Dam

Air in lines...why?

With that in mind, I'd absolutely like to choose the right pump, even if it means installing a bigger well tank. (Currently 2 residents and 4.5 baths.) Help me diagnose this. After I got my check valves eliminated, and everything else "air free", I hooked up a hose to the "upstream" side of...
  5. The Amazing Dam

Air in lines...why?

Waited one hour. Symptoms not present. Hurrah (for now). Thanks all. I'm sure that I will revisit this thread when it's time for me to change that well pump.
  6. The Amazing Dam

Air in lines...why?

I eliminated the check valve at the well tank and I eliminated the check valve at the wellhead. I opened on my taps to get the air out of the lines. Then I let the water stay off for about 10 minutes, giving it a chance to drain down, (if that's where hit wants to go.) I was not getting that...
  7. The Amazing Dam

Air in lines...why?

Okay on my way back home. Just left supply house. Got some good advice from the counter.and the good news is they have the three-quarter Horse power pumps in house in all different Gpms I'm looking at a 12 gallon Myersthree-quarter horsepower for 370. On a side note, a 5 gallon is $470, and...
  8. The Amazing Dam

Air in lines...why?

I am on my way to supply house for 3 inch brass nipple. When I remove the check valve from the wellhead I didn't have enough well pipe left to make the connection. I had no copper at the house and I had no pex fittings to get me by. Addressing the raising of the wellhead. I have a sanitary...
  9. The Amazing Dam

Air in lines...why?

I have no idea how to measure my water level in the well. I chose that one horse power based on me not being happy with the water pressure in my house. I know I know I know I'm not solving the problem but I'm not against replacing the well tank also if that will help my low-pressure. My shower...
  10. The Amazing Dam

Air in lines...why?

That pit doesn't take on water and it hasn't in the eight years that I've owned the property but there's a lot of value in what you say there In raising that casing. (I just came from the plumbing supply house and there was another guy at the counter wanting to raise his casing too. Kind of...
  11. The Amazing Dam

Air in lines...why?

Image inside well pit. 1"Elbow- 1x 3/4 reducer -nipple -check valve -well pipe adapter -well pipe. 2 unknown vertical pipes in the well pit to the left. They were obviously from the previous owner but that is how they were when I bought the property. The only thing that was hooked up was a...
  12. The Amazing Dam

Air in lines...why?

Lligetfa:: Your explanation makes sense to me. Because I only know for sure what equipment I have from the sanitary cap into the house, I'd like to be sure about something: The check valve that you say is in the well, should it be very soon after the pump (and basically between the pump and...
  13. The Amazing Dam

Air in lines...why?

Reach: I seem to recollect a steel tank from the burned out foundation. BUT I cut off the plumbing inside my well pit. I started fresh at the well cap and built 150' in the opposite direction (uphill). Lligetfa I'm willing to eliminate check valves first as Lligetfa suggests (least intrusive...
  14. The Amazing Dam

Air in lines...why?

Craig: I reread your post. If the pump is submerged, where could the air be entering?
  15. The Amazing Dam

Air in lines...why?

Craig-pump: I understand the air after changing cartridge. I referenced that as an example. Also I have a check valve at the top of the sanitary cap and one just before tank tee. Reach: I built on a property that had a house burn in about '92. I built my house in 08/09. That is my original...
  16. The Amazing Dam

50/50 solder

give it to a tin knocker, we love it! we normally use 1/4 x 1/4 " rods for soldering architectural SM but we run into uses for the wire. Heck, we still use lead sheets to fab flashings for Spanish Tile roofs.
  17. The Amazing Dam

Air in lines...why?

Built my house 08-09. Existing well and pump, assumed last used before '92. Before building, had prominent local well guy out to test it. Ran and was chloroform free, so we used it. He estimates it probably 160' deep. It has sanitary cap. I installed a WellXTrol WX 203 (~32 gal). DOM 03/09...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks