Search results

1. Henry Ramsey

OT - Anyone know what happened to Johnbridge.com

Thanks. Trying johnbridge.com was giving a firefox an invalid site certificate error warning earlier today and then a host error message now it's just a blank page. That is a promising sign since it means they got the server online for domain and DNS. Hopefully the host can restore the...
  2. Henry Ramsey

Yes indeed. I have been going there since 2006. I seem to remember finding it from posting here about my old shower drain which was a cast iron clamping drain (!) which was leaded onto a PVC pipe with a tar paper as the "pan". Old School 1970s technique. The drain was threaded and rusted...
  3. Henry Ramsey

Sorry for the OT question, but I wonder if anyone who participates here and at JohnBridge.com might know what happened? Their site comes up server not found today.
  4. Henry Ramsey

What is this thing called?

Solved. It's some sort of over pressure device for the city water pumping station.
  5. Henry Ramsey

What is this thing called?

Hey all. I just wondered if someone knows what this thing is called? It's leaking. I'm sure it's a something owned by the City of Houston. It was installed following our street being widened and new drainage sewers water mains etc being added but I don't know what to label it as in local 311...
  6. Henry Ramsey

Supplier(s) of 1-1/2 PEX for hot and cold

I see that 1.5" sharkbite does exist though. It seems like what I'm asking for is unusual or something though. Is 1.5" PEX not used to replace 1.5" galvanized?
  7. Henry Ramsey

Thank you for the information. I think one of the plumbers I used in my unit who did work on the shower used Sharkebit fittings, but I'm not up on all the various varieties. It seems like PEX is limited in availability in this size but now I have something to google for too. Thank you again.
  8. Henry Ramsey

My condominium association in Houston just finished replacing the original 1-1/2" galvanized hot water line in one of our four buildings with CPVC but now we want cold side done too since we have 6 peoples' ceilings open. People are wondering why we did not use PEX from the start. The plumbing...
  9. Henry Ramsey

Advice on camera inspection of plumbing

Not sure why but it's cast iron 1970s construction. There are no check valves. We found that out when the line had a block and 6 units over flowed toilets. So isn't it conceivable that pushing debris in the line with pressurized water that it could cover over the outlets from each unit into...
  10. Henry Ramsey

Advice on camera inspection of plumbing

Hey all, I am writing for advice on checking some plumbing for breaks and/or leaks. A couple weeks ago I asked about some gurgling etc following a sewer line clog at the condo community I live at and of which I am the President of the association. Another unit along that same block of...
  11. Henry Ramsey

Condominium sewer line overflow skipped one unit in row

The odd thing is the main sewer is clear now. Only one unit #19 has this gurgling sound. Yesterday they had a plumber rotoroot or snake out their toilet line upstairs to down and into the sewer. The toilets stopped making noise initially, but the sound recurred this morning. There is no...
  12. Henry Ramsey

Sadly this is City of Houston we're talking about and they will not under any circumstances talk with us about an issue in our private sewer line. All they will say is "call a plumber".
  13. Henry Ramsey

No. These toilets are at first floor grade. No showers or tubs on first floor. All tubs are upstairs. They are no longer over flowing that issue was relieved in January. The issue now is this odd bubbling which the unit owners said began before the initial clog and though that was both...
  14. Henry Ramsey

The toilets up and down are connected what ever size pipe is normal for toilets 3" and that is PVC in the walls. The laundry areas are open to the downstairs 1/2 baths or to the kitchen. In the wall where the laundry plumbing is the pipe from upstairs drains. Then the laundry outlet goes...
  15. Henry Ramsey

Hey all, I live in a condo in Houston. These were built in about 1971 as apartments and resemble townhomes rather than condos. The units are three sizes: 3 bdrm w/ 2 full separate bathrooms up, 1/2 down 3 bdrm w/ 1 sink+commode - tub - sink+1 commode up (hollywood bath), 1/2 down 2 bdrm 1...
  16. Henry Ramsey

Question about costs to replace galvanized with CPVC for hot water

I'll take an educated or uneducated guess of that price. If you think it's low and I actually think it's good. The company we are using is where a journeyman plumber we have used for years has gone to work and he recommended his boss. He has guesstimated $6k per building. If we add the...
  17. Henry Ramsey

In a perfect world with 200k to spend only on a full re-pipe of the whole property including everyone's individual plumbing I would use all PEX. I saw what my neighbor did in his with PEX and I love how he made local shut offs for his own plumbing of which none of the other units has. If we...
  18. Henry Ramsey

These buildings will not be around long enough to have the pipe become brittle. Or such is my hope. We have tons and tons of growth and at some point not too far down the road the developers who are building $800k-1M homes right down the street will come a calling on us to sell. Our condos...
  19. Henry Ramsey

I'm in Houston area. I am elected President and de facto property manager of a small 30 unit condominium community the buildings of which were originally built in about 1971. We have the whole gambit of construction issues from that era including aluminum wire, FPE breakers, cast iron...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks