Search results

1. terij

Leak after 10 years in house

Many, many things to consider here. Thanks to all of you. I will let you know what we find next.
  2. terij

I had a thought. It's possible that pipe is in a floor joist space that's open to the area behind our gas fireplace, which is a direct vent with the double wall pipe. I wonder if the air temperature back there gets colder due to the pipe.
  3. terij

We can certainly do that. Is it likely that water from a drain pipe might get caught on a supply pipeÉ
  4. terij

We are in central PA. We thought about condensation, but haven"t figured out where it would most likely start. At the moment, we're still trying to find signs of new water. Any tips on making it obvious? We tried wrapping paper towels without success. Maybe I need to find a material that...
  5. terij

Sorry it has taken me so long to reply. What you are saying about water running to a low point makes sense. Could water cause that level of corrosion? The insulation around the pipe was soaked and crumbling, so my guess is that it was collecting water for a long time before it actually...
  6. terij

Hi, After 10 years, we got a watermark in a first floor ceiling with no obvious source. We opened up the ceiling, and found an insulated hot water pipe with the insulation looking ratty and feeling damp. Unfortunately, we took the insulation off without taking a picture. We did take pictures...
  7. terij

slow drain - having trouble getting 1/2 inch snake into sink drain

Are there any tips for getting a 1/2 inch snake to make the bend into the wall in a sink drain? I thought I was doing good buying a thicker snake, but it appears that it is too rigid for the turn.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks