Search results

1. F

Sand in well water

The empty housing idea sounds attractive. I can get those all day long at the local home improvments stores. I've located a 1" Big Blue 10" housing at a local plumbing supply house for $70 & have also found them on the web in the $50's. No-one around here stocks the 50 micron cartridges though...
  2. F

Sand in well water

Well, I'm glad we had this talk, because I was about to commit a major blunder. The 1 1/4" pipe is on the suction side of the pump. the discharge is 3/4". I'll look at a 3/4 or 1" x 20" housing now & rethink this. Thanks again.
  3. F

Sand in well water

Thanks Bob, The well pipe is 1 1/4", so I was planning to order a 1 1/2" version of the 10" housing and use a couple of 1 1/2" - 1 1/4" nylon bushings to fit it into the line. Speedbump (bob) mentioned that my 1/2 hp jet pump will deliver about 10 gpm, which seems about right. You...
  4. F

Sand in well water

Installation of filter A couple more questions, if I may. There is only about 8 inches of vertical clearance on the horizontal run of pipe out of the well. I'll need about 12 or 13 inches to mount the filter housing vertically. 1. Can I pull the well pipe up 4 to 5 inches with a...
  5. F

Sand in well water

;) Thanks guys, you're advice is appreciated. Since I have to do whatever I'm going to do within a 32x40x18-inch box, I'll try the Big Blue filter solution first.
  6. F

Sand in well water

We have a shallow well (maybe 25') that is only used for watering the yard, etc. It's a 1 1/4" inlet to a 1/2 hp shallow well jet pump on a pad at the surface with a bronze checkvalve just before the pump. No tank. Occasionally I get a fine sand through the hose, usually after shutting the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks