Search results

1. Brook

RO Fiter driving me nuts!

After taking it all apart, cleaning all the tubes and ports and reassembling it still doesn't have water flow out of the filtered port on the RO cartridge (plenty out the wastewater port) ... I gave up. I needed a new faucet anyway ... I've ordered a new system. I've had a frustrating 5 days...
  2. Brook

Well, I replaced the RO cartridge with the old one and I'm still having the same problem ... negligible water through. I reduced the tank pressure from about 7 to 4 but that made no difference. So, I've disassembled Johnie 5 and am cleaning everything. There may have been a minor blockage in...
  3. Brook

I installed a GE 10gpm RO waterfilter about 15 years ago for drinking water. It has been great. Fortunately with whole house pre-filtering I am not getting much visible stuff in the water ... but we do have a fair bit of iron, sulfur and manganese dissolved in our well water. Softener and...
  4. Brook

Discharge from Iron Filter and Water Softener

Bannerman ... I have actually been thinking about putting extruded foam over the septic line ... 2" of foam would be like adding nearly a couple feet of depth. I have about 4" of foam over the well to house pipe because of it being so shallow also. The problem is really that the house was...
  5. Brook

I can certainly find somewhere to put a standpipe higher than other flood plane levels (like the shower! I just had a horrible thought about that shower tray though! Modern shower trays are very shallow but that's another worry!) Moving the standpipe to the main floor, I can overflow clean...
  6. Brook

"It" refers to both the water softener (salt) and iron filter (air injection, not chemical) ... they are not allowed to discharge outside. I am trying to deal with the existing septic system without changing it, because to do so will be a can of worms so big I'd go bankrupt! Bottom line is my...
  7. Brook

Yup that's why I said Discharge. Code I understand requires that it goes into the septic system. Even if I pump into a holding tank, I still have the problem of what happens if the house drain backs up. The only advantage is that the tank will provide isolation of the water system from the...
  8. Brook

Background ... I live in a bungalow (single story house) over a 4 to 5 foot crawlspace with a rocky (bedrock) floor. My water supply is a 50' well with a significant mineral content ... mostly iron, manganese and calcium. And since it's a heavily treed area, a not insignificant amount of...
  9. Brook

Ikea Plumbing.....?

Where to get replacement parts? IKEA IKEA often keep replacement parts even for discontinued products for years. The one problem I have is that the IKEA tubular connection is 1 1/4" OD where where N. American 1 1/4" tubular is ID. That makes it a pain. Even European metric sizes don't...
  10. Brook

Toilet to a Horizontal Stack

Try this ... I'm no picture drawer! And I can't get a photo!
  11. Brook

No such thing huh? Clearly a matter of terminology ... Yes, my gut says a stack is vertical by definition. So what would you like to call the main 4" drain pipe that all the fittings drain into that in a normal house would be vertical as a "stack", but in mine, due to the high septic tank and...
  12. Brook

I live in a bungalow (aka ranch) over a crawlspace where we find all the plumbing. It was built back in 1960 in what then was a rural area, where the building inspection was done over a beer at a bar! Many things about it that might suggest a renovation would end up requiring a complete rewire...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks