Search results

1. MartinM

Sillcock into cinderblock advice

Ah, gotcha. Didn't even think about putting the screws in before it setup.. I was thinking it would break apart again when redrilling. Didn't really think of repacking the entire opening either, wasn't sure if it being in direct contact with the copper would cause any issues. Going to give...
  2. MartinM

Sillcock into cinderblock advice

Replacing an old sillcock at my parents house with a new frostfree unit, and when I went to look at the existing one I noticed it's not even attached.. Just held in place by the pipe connection. Through a cinder block which has broken away all around the outside area where you would typically...
  3. MartinM

Double vanity with single center drain?

Any major issues with using a double kitchen sink drain setup with a double vanity? Like: http://www.geocities.com/saldnm/double_sink_drain.gif Converting a single to a double, and would like to avoid doing a lot of damage since the room is fine other than the countertop and sink...
  4. MartinM

Cleaner/primer with abs?

Hi guys, Never really worked with ABS but need to move a drain line a little bit. I was under the impression ABS didn't get a primer or cleaner before cement. Saw a cleaner while looking to pick up some cement though. Should ABS have a primer or cleaner applied before cement? I was...
  5. MartinM

Visible shut offs, options for appearance?

Do these have a specific name or anything I could look up? Tried to find some at the home centers and came up empty. Just think a cover would be the easiest. if I can't find anything maybe I will just paint the thing though. Thanks guys.
  6. MartinM

Replacing shutoffs, ball valve question

I am going to be replacing a lot of the old shut offs in the basement of our house, they barely turn and sure wouldn’t want to trust some of them in an emergency. Replacing the sillcocks this week so thought it would be a good time to cut back a little farther and replace at least all of...
  7. MartinM

Visible shut offs, options for appearance?

Hi guys, wondering if you could share how you handle when shut offs are clearly visible. Have 2 situations on our remodel. One bathroom you walk in and the toilet is on the left wall so the shut off is clearly visible, and the other bathroom will have a pedestal sink where you can see its shut...
  8. MartinM

Solder question

Had just a quick question on Solder diameter. Haven't sweated a joint in a while, last time I did a retired plumber taught me and was kind enough to let me use most of his goodies. Used Oatley 95, which I have found.. And I believe I used Bridgit solder. I would like to just get what I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks