Search results

1. Bob1234

Sump Pump & Gutter Drains

So, how do I find the clog?
  2. Bob1234

Don't know the size of the pipe in the ground. The exterior PVC pipe that goes into the ground is 1 1/2" or 2" So you're saying that there may be a partial clog that is letting the water from the garden hose get though, but that its stopping the larger volume of water from the sump pump?
  3. Bob1234

Which of these are true, if any? 1. You have two sumps with pumps. Just one sump & pump. 2. Your gutters feed into the outside sump directly without going through the inside sump first. No outside sump. 3. When the inside pump runs, the water comes out of the downspout area. Yes. Exactly what is...
  4. Bob1234

Home is about 7 y/o. The sump pump output exists the house and goes down below ground. The gutter downspouts also empty to pipes below ground. Recently, whenever the sump pump works, the water comes up the gutter downspouts and spews out. I've taken a hose and run water through the downspout and...
  5. Bob1234

Whirlpool GFI -- Stumper

Well... I think the best option is to have someone come out with a megger. I appreciate everyone's thoughts and suggestions. FYI, it cannot be a Kohler problem because the problem does not seem to exist except on my system. We've contacted Kohler and spoke with their electrical engineering...
  6. Bob1234

Whirlpool GFI -- Stumper

This is why I labeled this as a "stumper." I've had several electricians look at this, and several plumbers, all of whom are stumped. Its been suggested that some GFI are sensitive where motors are involved, that nuisance trips can occur, etc. But, while the professionals are suggesting possible...
  7. Bob1234

Whirlpool GFI -- Stumper

Ken, the first whirlpool had the motor/control panel replaced, but still tripped GFI. This is the second whirlpool, brand new. We're already explored this as a Kohler issue, but given that this is the second tub, with the same GFI problem, I don't think that it is a Kohler issue. Bob
  8. Bob1234

Whirlpool GFI -- Stumper

Picture Upload Here's a photo of the GFI. I "think" its a Square-D "HOM 2-pole GFI." As far as being associated with running the Whirlpool -- guess I don't have a good answer. If the Whirlpool is run, the GFI goes off several hours later. If I reset it and don't run the Whirlpool, it does not...
  9. Bob1234

Whirlpool GFI -- Stumper

Electric Diagram Uploaded electric diagram
  10. Bob1234

Whirlpool GFI -- Stumper

Mikey, let me try to answer these as best I can: 1. Breaker trips anywhere from 2 to 10 hours after the whirlpool motor stops. Time of day does not matter. 2. I've turned every major device on/off while the whirlpool is running; e.g. AC, Washer, Dryer, etc. Nothing else affects the whirlpool...
  11. Bob1234

Whirlpool GFI -- Stumper

There are no leaks. Its not Kohler, because they already replaced the whirlpool and the GFCI still trips after the tub has been run. We had the same thought, which is why the whirlpool was replaced. I'm open to all ideas to troubleshoot this problem. Bob
  12. Bob1234

Whirlpool GFI -- Stumper

Yes, the motor was replaced. Still tripped GFI. Eventually, the entire whirlpool was replaced. Bob
  13. Bob1234

Whirlpool GFI -- Stumper

This GFI issue is stumping several electricians, so any help is appreciated: Kohler Memoirs Whirlpool using a dedicated GFI A 220-240V, 20A, 50/60 Hz.. The wiring properly follows Kohler’s wiring instructions. Whirlpool was connected to a dedicated GFI in the main breaker panel. The...
  14. Bob1234

Drop-in Whirlpool

Update. I removed the foam and used 2x4 and 1x4 to shim the four corners and one center leg. Seems very stable and took the weight off of the enclosure's tiled top. I'm going to separately foam around the shims and the tub bottom. Thanks again. This was a much better way to retro-secure the...
  15. Bob1234

Drop-in Whirlpool

So, what about removing the foam from the tub feet, using wood shims (probably 2x4's) between the feet and the floor, not using mortar, and then just omitting the foam altogether? Would I be ok then? Bob
  16. Bob1234

Drop-in Whirlpool

So, if the entire area between the bottom of the whirlpool and the enclosure was "foamed", then would that be ok, or does the whirlpool have to be removed and a mortar base be used? Again, thanks in advance Bob
  17. Bob1234

Drop-in Whirlpool

I'm replacing a Kohler Memoirs whirlpool (which was defective) with another. Plumber "A" installed the drop-in tub using a mortar base as the "feet" of the whirlpool were about 2.5 inches off the enclosure floor. Plumber "B" removed the old tub and mortar. The second tub was again dropped on the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks