Search results

1. Hids2000

help with mclain boiler

I have a Mclain gas steam boiler, my best guess it is EG 40 or EG45. Friend came over for Xmas and we were just hanging around the house, when I told him I better go to the basement to add some water to the boiler. Anyway he thinks I have a leak because I add water to the boiler about every...
  2. Hids2000

Gas water heater ground

I am redoing my kitchen and thought it would be easier to replace the copper lines with PEX so it can go snake down the basement water heater easier. 1) I have a gas water heater, why is there a ground wire between the cold and hot copper pipes about 12" above the water heater? Isn't the...
  3. Hids2000

Electric baseboard or hydronic baseboard

We are about to install the electric baseboard into the living room and family room. We are going with 240v but I am not 100% sure about the benefits of paying 4 times more for the Hydronic version vs the baseboard version. I already made sure no electrical outlets are over the baseboard so...
  4. Hids2000

where to get NEC code?

Few members here have copied and pasted NEC codes along with their posts. I assume the code is either on line via internet or in a PDF version. Where can I go buy a copy of this electronic version instead of a hard cover book? I much prefer electronic version it is so much easier to do a...
  5. Hids2000

Rough in

I need some help with rough in. Attached are 2 pics of what I did. There are two 14-2 providing power to 4 switches. I labeled each wire it may be hard to see the labels. One of the 14-2 will provide power to 600watt track light switch and an outside 100watt light switch. The...
  6. Hids2000

table or chart for AWG

Anyone has a link for a chart for how many amps each AWG can handle in both Aluminum and copper? i am looking for something that can handle 60amp, 100amp, and 200amp thanks
  7. Hids2000

240v single pole?

first did something happen to the forum I can't search any post past june of this year. where did all the old posts go? ok so i am adding an programmable thermostat to my 240v baseboard heaters. i am looking at the user guide http://www.aubetech.com/manuel/2/TH106.pdf and it is calling...
  8. Hids2000

running quick disconnect to central AC

I am installing an out door AC unit and need to run 220v 15 AMP power to it. My question is can i just use UF 12-3 wires directly from main panel through the wall into the quick disconnect than UF 12-3 into the AC. The run is about 6ft in length. Do I need to put the UF wire inside a conduit...
  9. Hids2000

electric baseboard heater

I am thinking of installing three electric baseboard heater in my living room. They are 240v 1500watt each. Can I run all three heater from one circuit? 240V 20amp Or do I have to run three separate circuits? thanks
  10. Hids2000

steam boiler

I got a gas fired steam boiler and when we purchased the house the last owner told us to change the water in the boiler once per year. but one of my friend said with steam i should just add water whenever the water is below 30% on the sight glass mark but no need to change out the old water...
  11. Hids2000

bathroom exhaust fan

My small basement bathroom has a broken exhaust fan with a build in light. From what I can see the fan is really small. The bathroom is 5ftx7ftxft = 245sqft. I found this fan on home depot's web site. But can it be right? It is rated at 100CFM. good for up to 95sqft? i mean who has a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks