Search results

1. Hids2000

help with mclain boiler

Would have never thought of this. Came home with the new vent, and i know the radiator is higher on one side because it got shims so I never even checked it with a level. Well to my surprise after i put my level on top of the radiator it is dead center! guess the house must have settled over...
  2. Hids2000

help with mclain boiler

So far things seems to be working but one of the 2nd fl radiator vent spit waters from time to time. (boiler is in basement) So I went to the store and picked up a new #45 for the main and a new Maid-O-Mist #6. I couldn't find the post where how to test the air vents to see if they are good or...
  3. Hids2000

help with mclain boiler

thanks for the drawing. I found the main vent, as it been painted over once i sanded the paint off it is a Hoffman #45. It seems to still be working as i can feel air coming out of it when the boiler first kick in. I found replacement for about $30 online so I will replace it just in case...
  4. Hids2000

help with mclain boiler

well after 3 days the water level in the sight glass is about the same. I am surprised that one drop every one min equals my adding that much water every other day. I usually change out the radiator air vent every other year. I know you can clean them, but they are so cheap I just replace...
  5. Hids2000

help with mclain boiler

got home early today wanted to make sure i can see clearly at the chimney and saw nothing. Got my big flash light and went back and re-check each of the angle steam valve to all 7 radiators. Found one more that leaked and i can see one water drop once per min or so. It is a Matco 1.25"...
  6. Hids2000

help with mclain boiler

thanks for the fast answer. I don't know how to set the kick in and off pressure. I just read it off of the gauge on the side of the box. I will go see if I can go download an owner manual to show me how to set it. I think I may even call a company to replace that pressure switch looks like...
  7. Hids2000

help with mclain boiler

I have a Mclain gas steam boiler, my best guess it is EG 40 or EG45. Friend came over for Xmas and we were just hanging around the house, when I told him I better go to the basement to add some water to the boiler. Anyway he thinks I have a leak because I add water to the boiler about every...
  8. Hids2000

Gas water heater ground

So if I leave at least say 2ft of copper on the hot side of the water heater than to PEX tubing I will have no problem with any electrical codes for the kitchen sink and faucets not grounded?
  9. Hids2000

Gas water heater ground

I am redoing my kitchen and thought it would be easier to replace the copper lines with PEX so it can go snake down the basement water heater easier. 1) I have a gas water heater, why is there a ground wire between the cold and hot copper pipes about 12" above the water heater? Isn't the...
  10. Hids2000

Electric baseboard or hydronic baseboard

so the inspector came back today after a no show on tuesday. he saw the 6' in place and said ok you are good. after i got my sticker i asked him if this was a local or national code and he said national. I didn't want to argue with him at this point I am just happy I got my sticker. Is it...
  11. Hids2000

Bob, He is coming back on tuesday, I already replaced the 8' with the 6', once he leave and i got my final i will change it back and return the 6' back to HD. I am doing it more for the look of things. I have 2 windows and under each window is the baseboard heater, and it just looks uneven...
  12. Hids2000

SOB! After installing the baseboard heaters my local inspector failed my final! He said my baseboard is too close to an outlet. I had always read no outlets can be installed above a heater not to the side of a heater. He said the outlets have to be 1 feet away from the left and right...
  13. Hids2000

I am not sure if it is OIL inside of these units. the ones I am looking at is from Lowes item #225987 $238 each. Thanks for the suggestion as the walls are already all closed up and the electrical all done, so I can't go back now and chang it to fan forced heaters. I can only pick one type...
  14. Hids2000

Bob, you are correct, the "Hydronic" is still electrically powered. It is rated the same 2000W for 8ft unit. Only thing that I found is the the non-hydronic version has to be at least 1' from furniture or other objects. Keep at least 12" minimum from objects hanging above (i.e., drapes)...
  15. Hids2000

We are about to install the electric baseboard into the living room and family room. We are going with 240v but I am not 100% sure about the benefits of paying 4 times more for the Hydronic version vs the baseboard version. I already made sure no electrical outlets are over the baseboard so...
  16. Hids2000

where to get NEC code?

thanks I will go pick up a 2005 version.
  17. Hids2000

where to get NEC code?

Few members here have copied and pasted NEC codes along with their posts. I assume the code is either on line via internet or in a PDF version. Where can I go buy a copy of this electronic version instead of a hard cover book? I much prefer electronic version it is so much easier to do a...
  18. Hids2000

Rough in

thanks bob. I made sure they are all more than 10" in length.
  19. Hids2000

Rough in

thanks pete!
  20. Hids2000

Rough in

can someone please answer the question regarding the 6" wire length out of switch box and outlet boxes from NEC. Couldn't I just use a pig tail to increase the length instead rerun the whole wire? thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks