Search results

1. JasonM

Questions on replacing shutoff valve under sink

Thank you Reach4 very much for the reply. Well, if there is no direct adapter to fit this copper pipe from the 1/4 turn stop valve, I think I will save this copper tube for later possible use and keep this 36" braided supply line. I will put a tag on the supply line to indicate the...
  2. JasonM

Thanks to the great help from Reach4 and wwhitney and Mr Tee, I successfully replaced both shut off valves with the new quarter turn angle valve as well as the 35 plus years old faucet with a new one. The most difficult part of the work, which is replacing the valves in the hard to reach...
  3. JasonM

Thank you Reach4 very much. We held the ring with a plier and wiggleed the main body with wrench slightly, and it came out. Thank you very much.
  4. JasonM

Thank you Reach4 very much for the reply. I will give it a try. It is over 40 years old. Any other tricks, I would appreciate it very much. Thank you very much.
  5. JasonM

Thank you wwhitney very much for the comments. I think I will use #2 if I need to. My son is working on it without removing the drain pipe so far. His body is better. Can I ask some urgent question. The copper supply line shutoff valve is not not coming out from the pipe. We removed the nut...
  6. JasonM

Thank you wwhitney very much for the comments. I was looking for ABS slip joint connection like Keeney 1-1/2-in Plastic Straight Coupling, but I could not find. I guess they do not make this slip joint in ABS form. This would be the best if I cut the trap arm at point B. I do not need to use...
  7. JasonM

Thank you Reach4 very much for the reply. I now see clearly what your original suggestion meant by this diagram. Although if the cut is made at A in your diagram, then it would be ideal with no bend in the middle, I would like to make a cut at B location because I feel more comfortable with...
  8. JasonM

Thank you wwhitney very much for the comments. Now, I understand better and clearly that my existing P trap is ABS p trap, and it is different from the PVC p trap. Thank you very much.
  9. JasonM

Thank you wwhitney very much for the explanation. Please pardon my poor English. When I first read the word upstream, downstream, I though how the drain flow could flow up(upstream) in general. I thought it flows down(downstream). Now, I understand that the word up and down is like uptown...
  10. JasonM

Thank you wwhitney very much for the comments. Happy Holidays. I learned a new terminology. I did not know that there is a term Schedule 40 pipe. How do you connect the regular 1.5" or 1.25" p trap drain white pvc pipe to this ABS 1.5 pipe? According to your explanation, this is connecting...
  11. JasonM

Thank you Reach4 very much for the comments. Happy Holidays. Could you explain what is the downstream of the trap adapter and upstream of the trap adapter? Also, if I cut where is the best place to cut on the drain pipe? Is the white line that I put on the photo a good place to cut for easy...
  12. JasonM

Thank you Reach4 very much for the reply. Thanks to your explanation, I learned a little more on the ABS and PVC drain pipes, and I got the picture of what you are explaining. If I cut to make enough space for the work, then I think there is a little bit of problem because of the drain pipe...
  13. JasonM

Thank you Mr tee very much for the reply. I learned in this forum that Terry strongly oppose using this corrugated stop. So, I am replacing it with the Basscraft quarter turn angle valve. I will see if the copper connection pipe fits this quarter turn angle valve. If it does not fit, I will...
  14. JasonM

Thank you Reach4 very much for the reply. Could you elaborate on with some photo links? Since I am not familiar with the drain pipes, I do not know what and how to do. So, you think the copper pipe that I pointed in the photo is better and last longer than the Basscraft bradid 36" hose. I...
  15. JasonM

I am planning to replace the 2 old shutoff valves under sink(as shown below) with the quarter turn shut off valve by BassCraft and its supply lines. May I ask 2 questions regarding this? 1. The 2 shutoff valves are behind the sink drain pipes. Is it usually doable to replace the shutoff...
  16. JasonM

Is it possible to repair this Nibco shut-off valve?

Thank you DIYorBust very much for answering my two questions and explaining the advantage of having the soldering skills. You convinced me, so I will practice the soldering slowly and when I am confident in my skill, I will work on this rerouting and adding the shutoff valve. I am not sure of...
  17. JasonM

Thank you DIYorBust very much for the reply. You gave me a good motivation. Actually, I tried learning soldering in the past. I will work on this rerouting, learn and practicing soldering more. Maybe, you have some talents in doing this kind of work well. Thank you for the valuable tips...
  18. JasonM

Thank you Reach4 very much for the reply. For now, the leak from the packing nut has stopped. So, I want to make it shut off the water completely when closing. Thank you DIYorBust very much for the reply. Since this is the 3/4" pipe hot water line from the heater into the house, there is no...
  19. JasonM

I found the part in my garage that seems to be for this shut-off valve. I forgot about the fact I requested the part to the manufacturer a long time ago when it leaked and did not shut off completely. Will I be able to unscrew that stem nut without much difficulty or breaking it? There are...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks