Search results

1. Cavalier

Heat Smell Issue Resolved

We have a warranty company, so I would suspect if it can be replaced, it will. I guess I should be thankful it happened now rather than in July. We would be in a hotel right now if this was July.
  2. Cavalier

Heat Smell Issue Resolved

I wanted to start a new thread to get some info from the experts. As I stated, we have had a condo in south Florida that has only been used during summer and a couple of weeks in December, until this year. We are now staying in it full time and have noticed an odor sometimes when the heat comes...
  3. Cavalier

Heat Odor

Sorry. All electric.
  4. Cavalier

Heat Odor

We have had a condo in south Florida for 14 years. It has only been used during summer and a couple of weeks in December, until this year. We are now staying in it full time and have noticed an odor sometimes when the heat comes on. It almost smells like wax. I am used to that normal smell when...
  5. Cavalier

Kohler San Souci Toilet Leak

I have an old one piece Kohler San Souci toilet that is leaking into the bowl. I have replaced the flapper (generic) and the gasket (kohler) under the flush valve. When I drained the tank, the leak was still there. I am at a loss as to how the water is getting into the bowl. Ideas? Here is a...
  6. Cavalier

Price Pfister Shower Issue

Since the only single lever fixtures I have are in the shower in question and the other shower, does that mean it's probably they other shower fixture?
  7. Cavalier

I think I understand. Are you saying a defective sink fixture could be the cross over? Would it matter if the sink fixture was a single or two handle? fixture? The reason why I ask if this could only happen with a single lever fixture, then the only culprit could be the shower fixture in the...
  8. Cavalier

Interesting. I'm not too familiar with this. Is it possible this could be defective where it works for all supplies except one shower supply? I do have another question. On the 3/4 supply going to this side of the house I have 2 showers, 2 sinks and the washer. Does the flow rate through the...
  9. Cavalier

The supply comes through the wall from the crawl space and travels up beside the water heater. At the top of the heater it splits into the softener and water heater. From the heater the hot supply travels back into the crawl space. I do not see anything where the cold and hot supply are...
  10. Cavalier

We are on a well, but pay for wastewater. There is a well pump in the crawl space and a well head in the back yard. They monitor the amount of wastewater by metering the water coming in from the well. They assume all the water coming in from the well passes into the wastewater system. Since we...
  11. Cavalier

Here is a pic of my water heater. There is a supply from the well pump in crawl space,(that is the what is to the right of the heater). There doesn't appear to be any piping around the bottom of the heater.
  12. Cavalier

How can I fix the issue? Should I replace the existing cartridge (which I have done a few time)? Or can the cartridge by altered to allow more hot water flow?
  13. Cavalier

I understand, but where do look for this issue? There has been a mention of a cross-over that may be causing the issue. Except for the cross-over at the shower valve, is there another cross-over I should be looking for? If so, typically where are these located in the system? There also has been...
  14. Cavalier

I am familiar with a check valve to prevent residential water from backflowing into the public system, but have never heard of one used for the purpose you describe. I also am not familiar with a "hot water recycling system". If I had this, where might it be located in the system? My specific...
  15. Cavalier

Could you expand on that?
  16. Cavalier

I will try that tomorrow. Can you explain what cross-flow is?
  17. Cavalier

Actually when it was first installed and never got really hot I removed the temp stop. We have extremely hard water, could this cause an issue?
  18. Cavalier

About ten years ago I had a Price-Pfister single handle shower unit installed. After this installation the shower never got extremely hot. It gets very warm, but not hot. I have replaced the cartridge several times over the past ten years and it seems to work for a while (although it could be...
  19. Cavalier

Hot water issue in master

About two months ago we lost most of the hot water in the master bathtub. All other bath/faucets have hot water. It worked fine up until we replaced the hot water heater, then about two weeks later, the hot was was greatly decreased. It is a single lever, Price-Pfister. When you turn the lever...
  20. Cavalier

No Hot Water in Shower

Yes all faucets have hot water
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks