Search results

1. Dato Da

Gas furnace not as hot as it used to be

My gas furnace had its pressure switches replaced by a professional about two months ago. I am not sure if it's related to the switch replacement, but the furnace doesn't seem to put out as much heat as it used to. As a result, it takes a lot longer to heat up the house. Furthermore, the house...
  2. Dato Da

Sprinklers start out ok but begin to drip shortly after

Hi, I have a 7-zone irrigation system. Recently, I noticed that zone 6 of the system would go with normal flow at the sprinklers for maybe a minute, and then become a very slow drip, I also notice that the main supply line makes a lot of noise when that zone starts, sometimes banging...
  3. Dato Da

How to disassemble this bathroom sink drain pipe?

Thanks for the warning, Sylvan. I will check if there's any youtube video on handling this type of cleanout plug.
  4. Dato Da

Thanks a lot, Terry, for the explanation! Is there a special name for the P portion with the small screwed-on cap/hole? I'd like to find out more about it before I open it up lest I screw it up. Thanks again!
  5. Dato Da

Hi, I'd like to unclog one of my bathroom sinks at the drain pipe. Alas, the drain pipe assembly for this sink looks different from the other ones in that it has only one screw-like thing (please see attached photo) and I don't see how I could easily take apart the P portion, clear it, and...
  6. Dato Da

Repairing a Mansfield 400 frost-free faucet

Hello, A Mansfield 400 frost-free faucet on the outside of my house has been leaking behind the handle. I've finally had enough and trying to take it apart to see what parts I need to replace. To my chagrin, the first challenge was to get the screw that locks the handle to the stem to come...
  7. Dato Da

Concern about my newly installed vacuum breaker

Hello, I had the decade-old vacuum breaker for my irrigation system replaced yesterday. The new vacuum breaker is a Febco-765 bought from Home Depot (https://www.homedepot.com/p/Febco-Series-765-3-4-in-Bronze-NPT-Pressure-Vacuum-Breaker-765DBV/202309635). When the plumber finished the...
  8. Dato Da

T&P Valve activated

Thank you guys very much for the helpful replies. A couple of follow-up questions: 1. Regarding Step 3. Does that mean that I should set the expansion tank to 61 or 62 psi if I measure 60 psi in Step 1? I read somewhere that the expansion tank is usually pre-charged with 12 psi. That's a big...
  9. Dato Da

T&P Valve activated

Hi, I had a new power-vented gas water heater installed about two weeks ago. Yesterday I noticed that there' some water on the floor around the heater. From the location of the water (right under the pipe connected to the T&P valve) and the fact that there were some droplets on the side of...
  10. Dato Da

Irrigation system startup

Hello, I just started my irrigation system. In years past, when I open the main valve from inside the house, the water would stop at the underground boxes (I don't know what it calls, sorry) outside. This time, however, the water just flows right through to one of the zones and keep...
  11. Dato Da

Can't turn off shut off value to dishwasher

Thanks, Terry, for your answers. Now you got me worried about using that installation service. :) I am not going to reuse that copper line. I assume the braided stainless steel hose would fit with that exiting shut off valve; i.e. no shut off valve replacement is needed. Is that assumption...
  12. Dato Da

Thank you guys for the answers. I took the bottom panel of the dishwasher off to check if it's a flexible leading to the machine-- No, it's that same copper line going from the valve to the washer. I also found that the dishwasher was "glued" (not sure if it's silicon or epoxy) to the granite...
  13. Dato Da

Shut off valve leaking

:) I got mine at Costco. Did you too? Thanks for your suggestion. How do I remove the handle and stem? I suppose I need to remove the bonnet nut in order to get to them. Alas, I can't turn the bonnet in either direction. :(
  14. Dato Da

Shut off valve leaking

This is what it looks like behind the chrome bell: The white stuff there obscures things quite a bit, so I took another picture of an identical shut off valve under the sink that looks cleaner: As you may see there, it's actually two pipes-- One that comes out of the wall and the other...
  15. Dato Da

Shut off valve leaking

Thank you folks very much for your suggestions. I tried opening it all the way, and then backed it in a bit. That seems to reduce the amount of the leak (now one drop every couple of minutes), but it's still leaking. I tried tightening the bonnet nut (the greenish hex thing in my picture) with...
  16. Dato Da

Shut off valve leaking

Hi, I just posted about a valve that doesn't turn. Now, in order to find out which way to turn to shut off a value, I tried it on one that seems turn-able. It did turn, but then it started leaking! My toilet paper test shows that the leak is at the screw (the greenish area in the...
  17. Dato Da

Hi, I am thinking about replacing my dishwasher. The line that goes to the left is the water supply to the dishwasher: The problem is this: I can't turn the valve in either directions. Any suggestion on what I may do to loosen it up? Thanks. Side question: I was surprised to see a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks