Search results

1. SergeFlorida

Smell from hot water pipe but only until hot water comes out.

Yes, to find a real problem that cause this smell will defiantly help. I did not have chance to work on this problem yet, but I noticed that the smell is much less now. I am not sure if this is because of outside temperature drop or season change or we get use to it and smell does not bother us...
  2. SergeFlorida

I decided to use this particular filter before water heater based on this article: http://www.cleanwaterstore.com/technical/water-heater-odors.php We'll go step by step.
  3. SergeFlorida

Thank you for suggestion. I am thinking about buying power anode, but want to try RUSCO SPIN DOWN FILTER before Hot water tank and use hydro peroxide to see if it can fix this issue. Also, it is safe for septic. If it does not fix the problem then I will try power anode.
  4. SergeFlorida

It smells like swamp. It does not have very strong sulfur smell, but we did not leave water unused for long time.
  5. SergeFlorida

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> I did all that already and I had no smell from hot and cold water for about one month. The cold water still fine today but it is hot water that comes with smell. I can repeat the procedure and it will fix it for another month or so, but I am looking for more permanent...
  6. SergeFlorida

Thank you for reply. The hot water heater is a standard 40 gal electric heater from Lowes. I checked some info about anode, but not sure if it makes significant improvements.
  7. SergeFlorida

I have one more question about possible cause and what is the best solution to fix the problem with my hot water line. Here is some background on what was done in an effort to fix it. I bought a house with well water and septic system in Florida. I have installed water softener and chlorination...
  8. SergeFlorida

What is the best bacteria additive to septic system.

Yes, I understand this part about chemicals and I found a list of safe chemicals for septic system. It is very interesting recipe not only for the septic but also for other uses. I am afraid without right proportions it may blow my septic tank, LOL. Thanks again.
  9. SergeFlorida

What is the best bacteria additive to septic system.

Just recently moved to new house with well water and septic system and I am trying to learn how both systems work. After finishing my well water softener I have a question about septic system. I am not sure what previous owner did to the system in terms of maintenance, but I read some info...
  10. SergeFlorida

correct order set-up for water softener and Carbon filter with backwash

Just realized that I made wrong assumption on the amount of chlorine injection pump solution I used in the system. I calculated my pump capacity based on the information in this link http://www.cleanwaterstore.com/technical/how-to-size-home-well-chlorinator.php and it came up that I need 26 gpd...
  11. SergeFlorida

I just replaced water heater with new unit, the old unit was 11 years old. I will try this as well if first suggestion does not work.
  12. SergeFlorida

Thank you for reply. I will try this procedure to see if there is any improvement.
  13. SergeFlorida

Just recently moved to Florida and the house I bought uses well water. I had city water all my life and have no in-depth knowledge in this subject. The house came with water boss softener that was connected to hot water line only. Cold water was going directly from well untreated. All showers...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks