Search results

1. TBrownMA

Banging pipes when running outdoor spigot. Darn kids....

Thank you for all the input and advice. Just in case someone out there ends up with the same issue, here's how I fixed it. I tried to unscrew the entire sillcock (it's 12" long and goes into a finished area of basement behind a wall) but it wouldn't budge. So I found the same exact one online...
  2. TBrownMA

Thank you for guidance, will do. I'm just hoping that when I go to unscrew the spigot, it's not soldered on and I end up ripping apart the copper and having to tear into the finished basement wall!
  3. TBrownMA

Yes, exactly. When the outside spigot is on, it's like a slow machine gun sound, even if nobody is touching the faucet. If I turn it all the way off, the banging is gone. If I turn it all the way on, the banging is gone. If I fiddle with the ball valve to adjust the flow rate, I can usually make...
  4. TBrownMA

Have a few outdoor spigots on newly purchased house. One of them has an inline ball valve shut-off about halfway across the basement toward the outdoor spigot. When my kids play with the outdoor hose/sprinkler, and they put the water on any setting other than off or entirely on, it makes a...
  5. TBrownMA

Gurgling after using bathroom sinks - venting question! (pic attached)

Wanted to update readers with a picture and follow-up. Just in case anyone runs into a similar issue and is looking for guidance. Turns out it's a total PITA to put an air admittance valve between the p-trap and wall, but I managed to make it work. The real challenge was converting all the...
  6. TBrownMA

Here's a picture. I think I can make that work. How high up does it have to go above p trap? Higher than the sink's drain? I can probably get it up around 1" above level of sink drain, about 5" above the trap arm. Is that high enough?
  7. TBrownMA

I don't think there's enough room to put an AAV after the p-trap and before the wall. Should I put them in the wall immediately before the main horizontal drain pipe? I'll take a picture...
  8. TBrownMA

Thanks for replying! Do you think the solution indicated in red on the diagram would work to vent the sinks? Or will I need to tap into the cast iron vent in the attic?
  9. TBrownMA

I installed two pedestal sinks side-by-side in a bathroom, replacing a single bowl vanity. I plumbed it using 1.5" p-traps in a pretty typical way. Each sink's p-trap leads to a single 2" pipe running horizontal for about 3-6 feet (6' run for farther sink, 3' run for closer sink) to a vent that...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks