Search results

1. Nikita

Is this line for water dispenser?

I see. I do have a refrigerator with built-in ice marker - albeit a good 15' away. Sounds like line D feeds it? I checked the line and left valve is supply and right is "sink" (updated diagram attached). So then a T fitting to cut into this line to feed both ice maker and water dispenser?
  2. Nikita

Oh you’re saying one is hot and one is cold? In the picture, though, the valves are open afaik. So does this not mean the hot and cold water is “mixing”. Is that safe?
  3. Nikita

TLDR: is line D on attached photo meant for splicing in water dispenser? I have a relatively new house in which kitchen countertop water dispenser was planned (counter hole drilled) but fixture never installed. I am about to actually install it; Insinkerator dispenser instructions say that I...
  4. Nikita

No reason for sealant on PP kitchen p-trap, right?

Thanks reassembled cleaned up without sealant - no issues so far after initial tests
  5. Nikita

No reason for sealant on PP kitchen p-trap, right?

I needed to reassemble a kitchen disposal and, when disassembled existing setup, noticed traces of some sort of sealant on p-trap threads (photo attached). Can't tell if putty or teflon tape? Wasn't using either on PP useless - and maybe even counterproductive? ie when reassembling, should I...
  6. Nikita

new Grohe Eurocube shower faucet hard to turn

Howdy, Our plumber just installed two new dual-function Grohe Eurocube 19 925 shower faucets. They are both very hard to turn - both the diverter and flow controls. Almost to the point where turning one control "drags" the other along. Is there something that can be done to ease operation? In...
  7. Nikita

Didn't know there are different types of tub spout connections

Facing the same situation - slip-fit copper pipe; 1/2" NPT diverter spout. Does it matter whether the MPT adapter is copper or brass? FWIW, the female fitting in the diverter is brass.... thanks -nikita
  8. Nikita

is it possible to over-tighten tub drain flange?

I recently replaced a bathtub drain flange along with the rubber gasket that goes between the (acrylic or fiberglass?) tub and ABS train shoe. The shoe & tub are likely ~ 20 years old. Put stain-free putty 'ring' on the flange and tightened it. See a small leak from around the shoe area (cannot...
  9. Nikita

Grohe Slip fit tub spout not flush against wall - should I trim pipe or just silicone around base?

Looks like I declared victory a bit too early. Just noticed a faint but steady stream of water oozing out from the base of the spout when the (spout, not shower) water's on. I sealed the circumference of the base save the very bottom part, right by the hex setscrew. That's where the stream...
  10. Nikita

tub overflow cover

FWIW, the above worked. Thanks for all the help!
  11. Nikita

tub overflow cover

update: going on the assumption that at least the overflow elbow (if not entire drain-waste-overflow assembly) will need to be replaced I cut out an access panel in drywall behind the bathtub. Below is a photo of overflow post and elbow. I noticed that the two are sealed with some sort of clear...
  12. Nikita

Grohe Slip fit tub spout not flush against wall - should I trim pipe or just silicone around base?

Thanks, @hj, I was happy enough with results I got from trimming 0.25" (see above). All done here.
  13. Nikita

tub overflow cover

That sounds like the most reasonable explanation to me as well - but how do you account for the difference between thread diameters? Or are you saying the entire thread broke off and the narrow piece remaining is just the 'tail'? If so, do I have any options aside from cutting the wall open and...
  14. Nikita

tub overflow cover

The other bathtub (one with intact overflow cover) does not have a stopper. Used to have a push-pull one on top of the flange (that worked) but I took it out a few years ago once the stopper's rubber crumbled. Not sure what you mean by "turn the overflow trim piece"... I could temporarily put...
  15. Nikita

tub overflow cover

I have two bath+showers at home with seemingly existing identical fixtures - in master and second bedrooms. Am in the middle of replacing trim in the master and ran into a problem with installing a tub overflow cover of all things: Currently, there is no overflow cover in the master tub, but...
  16. Nikita

@Terry, huh, didn't realize Grohe outsourced their manufacture to other companies. Is that the case for all of their products or just this particular one? Also, I cut the pipe by about 0.25", and the gap at the base decreased by about 50%. So still not flush but better. Thanks, @Terry and...
  17. Nikita

There were none - only a parts diagram. All that's available to me is what's on the Grohe product page: http://www.grohe.com/us/5750/search/search-result/product-details/?product=13611-X999&color=000&material=13611000
  18. Nikita

I just replaced a slip-fit tub spout with another model of approximately the same exterior length (see diagram). The new spout does not sit flush against the wall (see photo). I wonder if: it could be because the pipe is protruding too much and I should trim it (to what length). Currently it's...
  19. Nikita

under kitchen sink plastic plumbing - to seal or not to seal?

Thanks, HJ - I would prefer to skip any sort of goo as well. To clarify: you would not use Teflon tape either your comment applies to either ends of the right-side tailpiece, including on tailpiece-to-strainer side, even though the tailpiece is metal (and happens to be leaking in my case)? Or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks