Search results

1. Joe S

Flange question

Back for round 2. Was able to get in there and really clean up the lead bend and flange. Flange is definitely brass and the bend is in pretty good shape. A couple questions: 1) there was a large amount of wax between the underside of the bend and the top of the flange. Is this just overflow...
  2. Joe S

Flange question

Thanks. I’ll be back later this week after the floor is in to see if I have any other questions.
  3. Joe S

Flange question

I'm inclined to keep this as simple as possible. Just want to check what you mean by be careful. Anything special to the install?
  4. Joe S

Flange question

Just removed my toilet as we will be redoing the floor tomorrow. After getting toilet off, I noticed that the inside ring silver slopes inward toward the center of the pipe. Will this be an issue when installing the new toilet?
  5. Joe S

Kitchen sink - sewage smell

Local handyman about a year ago when the disposal failed.
  6. Joe S

Much improved with the stopper in over night. Perhaps still a slight odor, but not overpowering. Here is pick of the piping. When i took the stopper out, I got a pretty good gurgling sound when it started draining and can definitely tell there is more of the smell already. Trap?
  7. Joe S

Sorry, slop sink below (downstairs). Edited original post for clarity. No disposal and Minimal smell below the sink in the cabinet. Will post a picture after I get the kids off to bed.
  8. Joe S

Came home to a horrific sewage smell that we narrowed down to the kitchen sink. No smell in the two bathrooms above or the laundry room and slop sink downstairs . Any idea what the issue could be? Sink is used regularly so I can’t see the trap being dry.
  9. Joe S

Help with shower drain

First thanks for all of your help with my last issue a few months back.. Now I'm having an issue with a shower drain where water is leaking from around the drain and down onto the ceiling in the floor below. Previously had a plumber in and his solution was to seal the space between the opening...
  10. Joe S

P trap issue in bathroom sink

As the escutcheon appears to be connected to the trap what is the best way to get a better look? Assuming i may need to cut into wall.
  11. Joe S

It actually drained pretty well, never an issue. Not sure if i have the expertise to be working inside the wall. I may have to cave and call in a pro.
  12. Joe S

Is there a way to know if it is lead pipe? My other bathroom had galvanized steel coming out of the wall, but this looks quite different. This piping was one of the reasons I was considering some kind of offset mechanism as opposed to rebuilding a trap closer to the new drain.
  13. Joe S

I am attaching one more picture for some clarification/confirmation. This is taken from the side to show the connection. I'm assuming i can unscrew the trap from the trap adapter and be left with a threaded trap adapter. I would then run a length of pipe from the adapter which would connect...
  14. Joe S

Heres a pic of what i have
  15. Joe S

Thanks for the advice. i was hoping to use as much of the original plumbing as possible which led me to the thought of the offset. I most definitely do not have the expertise to solder if i cut out the old trap. Is there an alternative method to tying into the existing pipe in the wall? i will...
  16. Joe S

Hi everybody, have found so much good info from the sight and am almost done with bathroom updating, but have run into an issue with my vessel sink. As the new install involved building up the countertop, coupled with moving the sink forward to accommodate the faucet, I know have a 8 inch...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks