Search results

1. HarleySilo

1/2 copper bursting from pressure?!?

Thanks, with that kind of pressure needed to burst this pipe there is no other explanations
  2. HarleySilo

1/2 copper bursting from pressure?!?

So I have a half inch copper hot line run from my unfinished basement through garage along peremiter wall, then to outside shower. There is a shut off valve in basement that was almost shut but not completely. The outside shower has a valve with a drain thingy on it which is open and the lined...
  3. HarleySilo

Drilling into Granite Countertops

This is nothing new. Trends come and go. I painted our Kitchen Harvest Gold. Looks great. My parents hate it, reminds them of many years ago. They have a toilet and tub that would match LOL.
  4. HarleySilo

Here are some poor quality low light pics of what a couple of us are talking about.....a strip of wood glued into place. Also when I wrote screw legs up that would increase the space between the top of washer and bottom of counter, just to be clear. Taken from 5' off the ground a few...
  5. HarleySilo

Pantry to half bath Transformation

I had a plumber come over on Friday. We discussed the project. We decided to rerun the kitchen side houses' 3" main line from the septic tank exit back to where the new half bath will be. We were able to get 4-5" of additional fall by doing this. We also corrected the first stick of the...
  6. HarleySilo

It really is an OT worthy thread.
  7. HarleySilo

Get ready to laugh it up at my expense. So the long line of plumbing that services my kitchen and laundry is so far away for the septic tank it looks as if all the fall the original plumbers could get was 1/4' per 4 feet. I've re-checked it with a four foot level and it's pretty consistent...
  8. HarleySilo

If you adjust the washer legs up all the way, how much clearence would you have between bottom of counter and top of washer? One could adhere a strip of cabinate material to be screwed into.
  9. HarleySilo

Just for effect. No pemit. Couldn't tell you what code is Enforced, I can call the inspectors and I have in the past and ask, Cherokee county Georgia, what are some of the possible answer? Toilet was to be vented with the 2" vent in the diagram.
  10. HarleySilo

mounting stone tops on custom vanties

Our Quartz counter tops and kitchen table were all installed with 100% silicon.
  11. HarleySilo

Rock Countertops

What about pouring concrete counter tops? They make additives that make the concrete waterproof and suitable for food grade use. You could buy some stamps to make it look like stone and pigment for coloration. I wouldn't want to have to clean them, or anything other than a continuous non...
  12. HarleySilo

It will! There has been a lot of work to do in this house, and we've had a kid since we first moved in which delayed everything. I'm lucky to get a good 30mins. of work in on any given weeknight. Such is life. So i was re-reading the first thread I posted about this topic (which got side...
  13. HarleySilo

Hey one can hope right? You are correct I would like a complete course in plumbing, however I have no time to take one. At this point I really only need some opinions on the order as stated in the 2nd post. Here is HOW i plan on running the plumbing... You can see the sink plumbing in...
  14. HarleySilo

I have a 2" vent that services the cloths washer drain. Then dishwasher and two sinks draining through 2 2" drains into the main 3". The both have a AAV. Can I utilize the existing 2" roof vent for this new toilet and sink. I would have to pipe horizontal about 5' total to catch it...
  15. HarleySilo

View from the kitchen of current Pantry (future 1/2 bath)
  16. HarleySilo

Insulating Basement Floors

I would be hesitant to do that to a basement. I had to tear out that same work at my current home because somebody installed it because the basement was dry. Turned out it just hadn't rained that hard or for an extended period of days during the 5 years they lived there. One real long rain...
  17. HarleySilo

Insulating Basement Walls

very interesting links. I researched this heavily but somehow missed these. I had B-Dry do our basement couple years ago. Looks like they did everything correctly except nobody discussed with me jacking up the perimeter of the house to insert nonpermable membrane between top of foundation...
  18. HarleySilo

I’m turning my pantry into a half bath, and turning a laundry closet into a laundry closet/pantry. In the half bath I’m ready to do the plumbing. My house is a ranch with a full basement and an attic room with bath. Basement is unfinished with 90% of the plumbing exposed. What I was...
  19. HarleySilo

You guys give the best plumbing advice, what do you know about this?

Yes I haven't finished the hand railing. It will look just like the currents decks handrails when I finish. Regarding a permit....this is a ramp for my dog. This is not intended to be a handicap ramp, not to say a person in a wheelchair couldn't use it, since I'm building it to the dimensions...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks