1. blacky

No water and blown fuse

What is meant by a 'bonded' case?
  2. blacky

No water and blown fuse

No Personal protective equipment (PPE).
  3. blacky

No water and blown fuse

This well is located at the cabin so there may be a delay before I get back to posting... The control box splits apart into halves. All the readings I took before were on the half that is wired to the pressure switch and down the well to the pump. While I had the control box apart I took...
  4. blacky

No water and blown fuse

Thanks for getting back to me. Expecting an infinite reading just shows how little I know about this stuff and explains why I'm here for help... The fuse base is like an old light bulb fixture. The fuses are 20 amp type TL.
  5. blacky

No water and blown fuse

Thanks for getting back to me guys... Yes, I viewed the spark thru the clear window of the screw-in 20 amp fuse. Don't believe they are delay. They are just regular screw in type fuses... The ohm reading from the ground to R, Y, and B wires was low. I was expecting an infinite reading but it...
  6. blacky

No water and blown fuse

Thanks for getting back to me. The wires are no longer in the sand. The red, yellow, black, and green wires go from the control box to a hole in a concrete cap at the bottom of the pit. And I don't see any splices in the wires. The 5 ohm measurement is between the R, Y, and B wires. Between...
  7. blacky

No water and blown fuse

We got record rain here and the garage that contains the pit doesn't have gutters. So I imagine that when the rain poured down the ground became saturated and water ran under the garage slab and into the pit. The pit is mainly built with curved block but each block has horizontal gaps. I was...
  8. blacky

No water and blown fuse

Thanks for getting back to me... I've dug out a lot of sandy silt from the bottom of the well dugout so that the wires are no longer buried. 2 wires lead to the pressure switch and 4 wires lead down thru a hole in a concrete cap. The hole in the concrete cap is not sealed around the wires...
  9. blacky

No water and blown fuse

Is the below-ground area where the pressure tank and pressure switch located supposed to be filled with dirt at the top of the well? Or is there like a concrete cap that's gotten buried?
  10. blacky

No water and blown fuse

Thanks for getting back to me. Was afraid I'd have to dig it out. There is no room so have to do it with tiny garden spade...
  11. blacky

No water and blown fuse

I have well pump but no water. Found one bad fuse out of two and when I replaced it there was a spark and another blown fuse. Was checking out the control box, forgot that power was still being supplied thru the good fuse, and got a shock off the case of the closed control box. Once I removed...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks