Search results

1. filadajunk

Fleck 5600 Valve Problem

Hi Gary, I'm sure it's the valve, nothing else. I have a backup that I put on the system and it works fine. I'd have to hook it up again to see how long it is between regenerations. I first noticed that my ice cubes were getting a crust on them and tasted very salty. Then, my neighbor came over...
  2. filadajunk

Fleck 5600 Valve Problem

Hi Gary, Thank you for replying. It is a Fleck 5600. I don't know how many different models there are but I'm sure this is the cheapest and most basic of Fleck valves. It is mechanical and you set the days you want the backwash to run on a skipper wheel to the right of manual regeneration...
  3. filadajunk

Fleck 5600 Valve Problem

I have a Fleck 5600 Valve on my water softener. My problem is that it cycles continuously rather than the few times a week I have it set for. Any ideas on what part I may need to replace. The valve was just recently rebuilt but the guy who rebuilt it is no longer available to repair it. Other...
  4. filadajunk

Pressure Switch Setting

For me, all I know is that appreciate all of the assistance and input that I have gotten from everyone on this forum. I couldn't, and wouldn't, attempt to do it myself without checking with the good folks on this forum first. I don't have enough knowledge to do a lot of things myself but with...
  5. filadajunk

Pressure Switch Setting

Hi Bob. I don't understand the 30lbs more than the bladder tank pre-charge statement. My bladder came precharged at 40 and I took 12 out to get it to 28 and I'm running my pressure switch, now, at 30/50. My real question is about the impact on the pump. Is it ok to leave it there, at 30/50...
  6. filadajunk

Priming The Pump

Hi bob. Thanks for the info. I knew that I didn't prime the well but the pump. My question was, basically, which plug on the top of the pump was the one I was supposed to use to prime it. I replaced my bladder this morning and everything is working much better and I didn't have to prime the...
  7. filadajunk

Pressure Switch Setting

Hi, I have a quick question. I just replaced my bladder and it has stopped my pump from kicking on and off every few seconds. My question has to do with the pressure switch setting. I also replaced that as the old one was quite corroded and had dead frogs and lizards and stuff in it. But, I...
  8. filadajunk

Priming The Pump

I have a pump priming question as well. Hopefully this isn't getting old to everyone. On the top of my wellhead I have, what appear to be, two plugs. One, which is located approximately in the center of the pump is just a large plug. To the left of this (from where I'm standing it's to the...
  9. filadajunk

New Bladder Tank

Hi! I'm getting ready to replace my bladder tank on my well. Is there anything I need to be aware of before I remove the old one? When I put in the new one do I just hook it up, turn on the power, and the world will be a more wonderful wetter place? (without my pump kicking on and off every 6...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks