Search results

1. ed5cgs

Room with gas water heat really hot

Thanks I just checked with Bradford White and they specify 2 in^2 / KBTU of vent area per grill high and low if your exchanging air internally or 1 in^2 of area if your exchanging from outside. 40,000 BTUs = 80 or 40 in^2. So a 10 x 10 vent should be good. Would a larger vent be better? So I...
  2. ed5cgs

Terry, Thanks for the info. So it sounds like the only way to remove the heat generated from the water heater is temperature controlled exhaust fan system?
  3. ed5cgs

Terry, Thanks for the clarification. The side wall to the left of the water heater is an exterior wall. Could I convert the current venting to a direct vent through the exterior wall to the outside like this image to help reduce the heat build up in that room when the water heater is running...
  4. ed5cgs

below are image of the water heater, the exhaust pipe from the water heater is 3"
  5. ed5cgs

We recently had a 25 year old 50 gallon gas water heater replaced with a Bradford White with a direct vent. The water heater is in the laundry room which is about a 8 x 8 room inside the house. What we are now noticing that when the laundry room is closed, that room gets really hot. The source...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks