Search results

1. LYoung

Add new sink

I finally cut the copper pipe. It was indeed 1 1/2" ID . I attached the ABS with a 1 1/2" shielded coupling. I'll dry fit the tub before I glue the trap together to make sure everything is in the right place. Thanks for everyone's help on this! This forum is invaluable. Now on to the next...
  2. LYoung

Add new sink

The house was built in 1968 and has all copper drains and vents except the main line in the basement which is cast iron. The tub drain measures 1 1/2" OD. I have not cut the pipe to measure the inside but assumed at was 1 1/4". Bad assumption?? The 1 1/2" shielded coupling I bought fit the...
  3. LYoung

Add new sink

Thanks for your input. It was very helpful in understanding the solution. I ended up hiring a plumber to do the work and it came out similar to Terry's picture above, with the existing center vent moved out of the way to the left. I am finally back to work on my project following an...
  4. LYoung

Add new sink

Thanks for the advice! I hadn't considered moving the center vent. Will this work? Or is the vent needed directly on both drains am trying to avoid having 2 large holes in the studs as this is an exterior wall. Is passing the water supply lines behind the drain pipe ok?
  5. LYoung

Add new sink

I'd like to add a new sink on the left side of a 60" vanity. The new drain should be to the left of the center pipe Due to the placement of the vents, the current drain can't be used in the wall. Is it possible to tie into the central pipe? It is the vent for the kitchen sink underneath it...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks