Search results

1. twistedDNA

Submersible pump with no tank shutting off at well switch

Its for irrigating my garden and yard. I'm also on city water but I filter that with a whole house filter but only inside. I don't want chlorine and toxins in the plants I eat. So I had to buy another filter that you attach to a hose. My neighbor has generously let me use her well as hers...
  2. twistedDNA

Finally got the pump pulled and put in a barrel of water it turns on for about 20-30 seconds then shuts off. It says UtilitechPro made in USA on top bottom says Franklin Electric made in Mexico. My brother thinks the pump is no good to just replace it. Haven't had water since May.
  3. twistedDNA

Maybe if I get some good sleep we can get this straightened out tomorrow? Thank you for your time :)
  4. twistedDNA

I can't get the needle to move no matter which way I turn the clear screw there is also a wheel on the side I tried turning that too. That battery must be good? It worked when I probed the the screws on the breakers. I thought you said to put one probe on the right side up and down and check...
  5. twistedDNA

I did the test with the red and black leads right but not sure about reading the meter it showed on the top scale 10 and I had it set at 250 AC here's a pic of the meter
  6. twistedDNA

I checked both have power and not sure how the meter works but both show the same amount of power. Tried turning it on again and it pumped water fine then stopped turned off then on again and the noise returned like shaking then turned off, the breakers never flip unless I do it manually I...
  7. twistedDNA

So check it with the main breaker from the house on and flip the well breaker on too?
  8. twistedDNA

This pump has its on control box in the pump. The new pump wouldn't work connected to the old control box had an electrician come out a few yrs back to tell me that and he disconnected the old box and just used the switches/breakers to run it.
  9. twistedDNA

Just making noise then shutting off. No control box I believe the pump has one in it, unlike the old one.
  10. twistedDNA

Just took another look and the box is just 2 breakers no other connections like the last pump that had no box included with the pump itself like this new one has, so does that mean I just need to replace the breakers in that box?
  11. twistedDNA

I have a 1 horse submersible pump that I have to turn on at the box much like a breaker. Been using this for years, noticed it would quit pumping water more and more but today it wouldn't pump at all. Stayed at the power box flipped the switch and noticed it was making a lot of noise then it...
  12. twistedDNA

Tankless Submersible Well Pump losing pressure

You are right the pipe broken is not down the casing because the whole rig is above ground. I had a hose running from my city water into the garbage can but I can't fill it up fast enough the pump is very efficient. Can we post images?. I really appreciate the help though! :)
  13. twistedDNA

I can't run the pump very long being out of the ground I put it in a garbage can full of water when it gets half full I have to shut it off or ruin the pump. This takes less than a minute its a 3/4 horse. I don't have a pressure gauge its just pump wire rope pipe with a spigot on the end.
  14. twistedDNA

The pump DID lose pressure after 3 days or at least the pressure was greatly reduced by a leak somewhere, a leak that is giving me a headache. I have no pressure tank. The pump pulls the water to ground level and I water my plants then I turn it off. On the 1st day it had very good pressure...
  15. twistedDNA

I replaced my old pump as it was barely giving me any pressure and it was very old. Before the new pump was dropped the 82 feet into the well casing I tested it above ground and it had a ton of pressure but there was also a slit in the pipe where it was leaking. I fixed that put the pump back in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks