Search results

1. Awake

Small hole in flush path -- what is its function?

No, not the one you are probably thinking of (inside the bowl); this is a small hole in the area where the tank joins with the toilet. Here is a picture with an arrow pointing to the hole in question: When I removed the tank, this was plugged with a blob of caulk. Initially I thought that...
  2. Awake

"hot" valve/cartridge vs. "cold" valve/cartridge

On a tub fixture with separate hot and cold valves, am I right in thinking that the only actual difference between the hot-side valve and cold-side valve is the direction that it turns? I.e., is it really a matter of left-side cartridge/valve and right-side cartridge/valve? I ask because, on...
  3. Awake

Checking my plumbing - single sink to double sink

After some helpful advice here, I have completed my rough plumbing to convert a single-sink vanity to a double-sink vanity. Here is the before: And here is the after: Question: When I was putting in the transition fittings to go from the ABS to the PVC, I found that the upper (vent)...
  4. Awake

double sink vanity rough plumbing -- please check my plan

I am a DIY working on a bathroom remodel which includes converting a single sink vanity into a double. I have done enough plumbing in the past to feel reasonably confident, and have read extensively here; I want to make sure I understand what is needed. Here is the current plumbing: Also a...
  5. Awake

Traditional shower pan - can anyone point me to more info?

I've been perusing the posts on this forum, but haven't yet fully understood the way a traditional shower pan (with a preslope, PVC liner, and upper layer of mortar over top) goes together and works. Several questions, or perhaps someone can point me to more information: 1) What binds the upper...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks