Search results

1. Rmk9785e

Posted in error - Mod please delete

I don't see an option for me to delete.
  2. Rmk9785e

Best valve to replace 5810 SXT

Please accept my apologies for a repeat post but probably I didn't pose the question correctly the first time. Our 1"x2cf 5810 SXT Catalytic Carbon filter valve has been requiring seal replacement every 2-3 years and it is broken again. Is there a more reliable Fleck metering valve that can...
  3. Rmk9785e

Replacing Fleck 5810 control valves with different model or the whole package?

I helped my daughter purchase an excellent combo of a filter and a softener back in 2017 following advice in this forum. The water softener is 1" ported 2cf 5810 SXT with 10% resin in a 12 x 54 Tank. The filter is 1" ported 2cf 5810 SXT Catalytic Carbon System, also in a 12x54 tank. These have...
  4. Rmk9785e

Loss of water pressure from Flec 5810 softener and filter

We bought Flec 5810 based filter and softener systems from Impact Water Products six years ago for installation at my daughter’s home in Pleasanton CA. These have been working well overall and support has been superb when needed. We have experienced something unusual a couple of times this...
  5. Rmk9785e

Air in kitchen sink faucet

There are a few bursts of air in the beginning whenever we use our kitchen sink faucet. This is the only faucet in the house that sputters. What could be causing it and how can we fix it? Thank you.
  6. Rmk9785e

Confusing field of kitchen water purification

The experts may know it all but for the commoner, the discussions and options are baffling without some clear answers. If would be nice if the collective wisdom here would narrow it down to the top 5-10 configurations and the topic is stickied for all new inquiries but clear choices are hard to...
  7. Rmk9785e

Extending surface plumbing across a drywall partition

Installing a bidet that has only 800ml of warm water reservoir. There's a wall separating the toilet area and the bathroom vanity. I'm thinking of tapping the warm (hot) water valve under the sink with a T to bring to the toilet area enclosed space. What would you recommend to extend the warm...
  8. Rmk9785e

Anode rod replacement

I have a six years old A.O. Smith model GUR40 400 water heater. A couple of plumbers I've talked to about replacing the anode rod say they only replace water heaters and don't do repairs. I was hoping to extend the life of this water heater. Do most plumbers not handle replacing an anode rod?
  9. Rmk9785e

Gate valve leak

This gate valve has a minor leak at the stem but there was no visible seal when I opened it up. The folks at Ace Hardware suggested using graphite packing tape. Your opinions are requested.
  10. Rmk9785e

Where to buy this undermount sink

Need to replace this undermount sink but can’t find it at local stores. Any recommendations are appreciated.
  11. Rmk9785e

Need help finding plumber to fix Fleck 5810

We have an excellent set of filter/softener controlled by Fleck 5810 valves that have served us well for about 5 years and we need to change the piston & spacer in the filter valve because it keeps draining water. We have purchased the piston/spacer kit for the valve and I have viewed the...
  12. Rmk9785e

Troubleshooting Grundfos hot water recirculation

We have been using Grundfos UP15-10SU7P/TLC recirculating pump with our water heater for about 10 years. We had to replace their plastic valve with Aquamotion Flash by-pass valve and it has been working fine. Last night we were not getting hot water and I thought perhaps the water heater may...
  13. Rmk9785e

Noisy water heater

We have an AO Smith GNR50-200 water heater that’s 10 years old. We also have a recirc pump & valve. Based upon testing, no water softener is required for our city supplied water. The water heater has been making popping noises whenever hot water is used. Other than that it has worked very...
  14. Rmk9785e

Brackish water treatment

A friend from the South-Asian subcontinent wants to provide free drinking water in his small ancestral village (~800 people) where the underground water has turned brackish and the municipal water supply system only works when there is river water available through a canal which runs for 6-8...
  15. Rmk9785e

Choosing shower control valve

I'm about to redo the shower enclosure and am thinking of replacing the 15 years old control valve. We would like to be able to control both the water volume & temperature and optionally have a handheld shower wand with its own shutoff. Recommendations for valve and trim are appreciated.
  16. Rmk9785e

Toto Entrada flapper issue

Our 3 year old TOTO CST244EF#01 Entrada toilet has started having problems. It does not fully flush without holding the lever down and then it does not close unless the lever is tapped. Should replacing the flapper fix it or does it require more? Is THU500S the correct replacement part for it...
  17. Rmk9785e

Replacing Kohler K-5942-5 kitchen sink with stainless steel

Our Koehler dual bowl cast iron kitchen sink has lost its luster and we're thinking of replacing it with a top mount single bowl stainless steel sink. Our replacement sink would still need 3 holes (faucet, dishwasher air gap, filtered water dispenser). I'll have to make some changes to the drain...
  18. Rmk9785e

Securing bathtub side panel with Velcro tapes

I'm having difficulty securing the fiberglass side panel for our bathtub. As you can see from the photos, it was supposed to stay using Velcro tapes but it does not stick well and often falls off. It is possible that the middle segment does not even engage because of the flexibility to the tub...
  19. Rmk9785e

Need advice for PVC fittings assembly sequence

This may be very basic but I am doing it for the first time and don't want to mess it up because of the fast acting chemicals. I'm replacing some leaking Schedule 40 PVC plumbing of my pond pump/filter setup and need to understand the correct sequence to cement the components together. Enclosed...
  20. Rmk9785e

Hansgrohe 88624000 Kitchen sink pull out hose

Found the pull out hose leaking water below the sink. Can’t see a brand name for the faucet. Could anyone please identify it so I can buy the replacement hose?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks