Search results

1. Rmk9785e

Posted in error - Mod please delete

I don't see an option for me to delete.
  2. Rmk9785e

Replacing Fleck 5810 control valves with different model or the whole package?

Thank you for a good way to check if the carbon media is still functioning. I have a pool test kit at home and will do the testing. If it’s good then I’ll try to buy 5800SXT valve
  3. Rmk9785e

Yes, we are on city water. Attached is the city's most recent water quality report. It says on page 8: "Our water ranges from 100mg/L to 450mg/L (6 grains per gallon to 26 gpg) depending on the source of the water." I think our test results were close to the high end. Our filter is equipped...
  4. Rmk9785e

Yes, we have been using the correct lube per instructions. Our softener 5810SXT settings are: DF GAL VT 5810 RF dF1b CT Fd C 48 H 28 RS cr DO 28 RT 2:00 BW 10 BD 60 RR 10 BF 21 FM t1.2 RE Off VU Off I don't have the settings for the filter but the backwash is...
  5. Rmk9785e

Thank you all for your help. I've concluded that it is more cost effective to replace these systems rather than trying to fix them. There's not a whole lot of this expertise among local plumbers for these systems and even if they did, the labor cost doesn't justify repairs.
  6. Rmk9785e

Best valve to replace 5810 SXT

Please accept my apologies for a repeat post but probably I didn't pose the question correctly the first time. Our 1"x2cf 5810 SXT Catalytic Carbon filter valve has been requiring seal replacement every 2-3 years and it is broken again. Is there a more reliable Fleck metering valve that can...
  7. Rmk9785e

That's a good point. The problem with the Internet is that too many opinions are floating around with no validation for their accuracy. I personally like to maintain my own systems however I don't live close to my daughter who prefers to have local pros be available for any maintenance. Which...
  8. Rmk9785e

Thank you. I've read that Clack valves are less expensive to maintain. Have no experience with it. Which new system did you end up buying that had local maintenance support available?
  9. Rmk9785e

I helped my daughter purchase an excellent combo of a filter and a softener back in 2017 following advice in this forum. The water softener is 1" ported 2cf 5810 SXT with 10% resin in a 12 x 54 Tank. The filter is 1" ported 2cf 5810 SXT Catalytic Carbon System, also in a 12x54 tank. These have...
  10. Rmk9785e

Loss of water pressure from Flec 5810 softener and filter

I was able to find details of the system we purchased. 1" x 2cf 5810 SXT Water Softener with 10% resin Meter 5810 Valve 12 x 54 Tank Includes Brine Tank 1" x 2cf 5810 SXT Cat Carbon System Includes 20 x 50 catalytic carbon for chloramine removal
  11. Rmk9785e

Thank you. We will contact IWP for future course of action.
  12. Rmk9785e

Is it practical to regenerate domestic active carbon filters with hot water and caustic (NaOH only) as described in this research paper? https://www.researchgate.net/publication/299612715_Regeneration_of_spent_activated_carbon_from_industrial_application_by_NaOH_solution_and_hot_water
  13. Rmk9785e

Thank you. More questions: What mesh size media should be used - 10x40 or 20x50? https://a.co/d/d4EiD9U About how much should one expect to pay for the filter media replacement service? Is there a need to replace the softener media as well? Should one expect to have this service performed every...
  14. Rmk9785e

Thank you. Is there anything the homeowner can do if the softener resin is damaged? How do we figure out whether our filter uses Catalytic Carbon or GAC?
  15. Rmk9785e

Thank you for the detailed response. Yes, we can bypass them separately. Will bypass only the softener next time and observe the outcome of opening other faucets. Our municipal water system uses Chloramine. Not sure of the media in the filter.
  16. Rmk9785e

It is counting down. Will check when it goes to zero.
  17. Rmk9785e

We bought Flec 5810 based filter and softener systems from Impact Water Products six years ago for installation at my daughter’s home in Pleasanton CA. These have been working well overall and support has been superb when needed. We have experienced something unusual a couple of times this...
  18. Rmk9785e

Air in kitchen sink faucet

We're on city water supply and there's no softener. There's an under-the-sink RO system visible in the photo I added to post #7 above.
  19. Rmk9785e

The air bubbles only come out a couple of seconds after opening the faucet and then there’s no more air. It’s both on the hot and cold side. I’ve already cleaned the aerator screen.
  20. Rmk9785e

The supply side being under pressure, wouldn't a loose connection cause a leak? There is none visible. There is a small leak at the spout swivel resulting in droplets but there's no vacuum there to suck in air. It's baffling.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks