Search results

1. Viktoria

Shower Drain Question: Ripping out old shower on concrete foundation and putting in new

Post pictures please, or a link to progress pictures. I want to see this progress.
  2. Viktoria

Do I have to replace this pipe?

Good for you. Now get yourself some pipe wrenches. You deserve them.
  3. Viktoria

Next steps before replacing hot supply line

I pulled the cartridge. About 5 tiny shreds of black rubber came out with the cartridge. While the cartridge was out, I went to the basement and opened the hot water shutoff a smidge, went up and checked the flow, it was slow but MUCH better than from the spout. I kept going down and opening...
  4. Viktoria

Unfortunately, i don't know how to easily tell the model--and I haven't pulled it yet. It's Moen, and when I went to the plumbing supply last summer with the original, he had a replacement.
  5. Viktoria

Headsmack! Brass to galvanized--no dielectric fitting--it didn't even occur to me that was an issue--and I learned about electrolysis while reading about sacrificial anodes HERE. It takes a while to UNDERSTAND what I'm looking at. That is why I go slow--I would have failed a pop quiz on why...
  6. Viktoria

I am cautiously excited to replace it all--there is some really wacky stuff going on, a couple reversed hot and cold lines and weird routing--convoluted even. I have some time on my hands this summer, but I like to do these kinds of things when the kids are away so I can concentrate. I know I...
  7. Viktoria

I'm a first time poster, but a lurker for the last several months. I read a lot on this site before attempting to replace a hot water heater that was failing. I had enough time to really prepare, and I'm happy to say it went pretty well. As to be expected, the very old galvanized hot line...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks