Search results

1. plains2hills

AAV Placement for Basement Bath Group

Wow. It's been a really long time since I've been able to work on this. It turns out that the AAV would be about 54" from the 1 1/2" tub trap arm. I know that out community uses IPC standards. Would it still be OK using the sink AAV for the tub if the tub drain and trap is 1 1/2" pipe from the...
  2. plains2hills

Thanks so much for your help! It's greatly appreciated and now this makes perfect sense. Can I reduce from the 2" combo/wye to a 1 1/2" for the tub since the tub drain and trap area already laid in 1 1/2? In that case could I also reduce for the sink from the wye or would I want to keep that 2"...
  3. plains2hills

Or could I put an AAV on the Tub drain just behind the toilet (leave it sticking up out of the concrete) and one in the cabinet for the sink?
  4. plains2hills

hj, You're correct. The Tub does tie into the 3" toilet drain downline from where the sink drain attaches (below). Additionally, both the sink and the tub are 1 1/2." Would it make sense for me to cap the current sink line and then wye off of the tub drain?
  5. plains2hills

Howdy!! I've exhausted all other options for venting our basement bathroom group and will need to install an AAV. Below is a photo of the rough-in plumbing. I need to move the toilet back about 6 inches before installing the flange, and also re-route the drain line for the lav. My...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks