Search results

1. neustkg

Leaky (new) Flapper valve

Still cheaper than a new toilet, not including labor. I could still use the toilet the whole time, just that the water slowly leaked through flapper and the tank did not refill. Just had to jiggle the handle until the fill valve added enough water to flush. Now with it fixed, I don't need to...
  2. neustkg

Thought I would give an update on my toilet problem. I had replaced the flapper (with a pretty standard Korky), then replaced the flush valve (not sure of the brand, but it came with a clear plastic flapper from Home Depot) along with the tank gasket and I noticed water would slowly seep out...
  3. neustkg

Leaking Fridge Freezer

By chance, does your ice maker also do crushed ice? And do you use it a lot? I have a Whirlpool side by side with ice maker/water dispenser on the door of the freezer. We noticed a pool of water on the floor on the freezer side seemingly at random times. I could never predict when it would...
  4. neustkg

Leaking tank/flapper valve

If you press down on the flapper, flow stops. I will double check the refill hose. The end should be above the fill line, right?
  5. neustkg

Toilet is a Briggs 1.5 gallon. 2 years ago I replaced the wax ring as the old one had disintegrated. Probably not bad since it was most likely on there since 1994. The fill valve is a Fluidmaster. I've been through a few of those over the 9 years I've been in this house.
  6. neustkg

First flapper was a Korky. I think the flush valve kit was Fluidmaster. I tried the flapper that was in that kit (it leaked, too) and stuck the Korky back in place. Toilet is a Briggs 1.5 gallon.
  7. neustkg

Reach4, it goes down to the flapper and stops, so I am thinking it is leaking through the flapper. wjcandee, the first thing I did was change out just the flapper with a new one. Since that didn't do the trick, I inspected the area between the tank and the lower part of the toilet and saw...
  8. neustkg

Had a problem with toilet tank over the last few weeks. Noticed that the toilet stopped flushing. Looked inside the tank and water had drained through flapper valve (but fill valve never refilled the tank). So to solve the draining problem, replaced the flapper valve with a new one. That...
  9. neustkg

I've had some problems with my upstairs toilet. I noticed the tank would fill, but then over say 30 minutes or maybe less, it would drain, but I also noticed the fill valve never started to fill the tank. So initially, I figured flapper valve was bad. So I replaced it with a new one. That...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks