Search results

1. coalpiper

Fernco wax less toilet seal reviews ?

Wondering if anyone can provide any feedback on their experience with the Fernco wax-less toilet seals, especially in terms of longer term reliability. Not sure how long these have been around … Thanks.
  2. coalpiper

Closet Flange problems...

Just burns me … what happened to plumbing codes along the way ? Now I have this place with 2 flanges on the subfloor from original construction. Guess it lasted 30 years though, but now I get to stare at the problem and scratch my head.
  3. coalpiper

Replacing Closet Flange

The flange is on the top floor of a 4-level split. There is some access underneath, from the garage.
  4. coalpiper

Replacing Closet Flange

I guess the other thing is … what is the best way to check for leaks in the piping after the closet flange replacement ? In a new home build don't you do a hydrostatic test ? In the case of replacement after a new build, you don't really have that option (the hydrotest). So do you just run...
  5. coalpiper

Replacing Closet Flange

Still ruminating over my closet flange challenges. So, it looks like one ABS closet flange can possibly be replaced, although access is tight. It would involve putting a 3" coupling on the horizontal line, a short length of 3" pipe, then a 3" elbow, and short 3" vertical pipe. Then up...
  6. coalpiper

Thanks Wallijonn Coincidentally, yes, the tiles were put around the vanity too. The vanity was sitting right on some particle board, not on the tiles. I think this was from original construction. Who knows. Yup, I will be putting down new floors, just trying to figure out the options...
  7. coalpiper

I wonder if something like this would work ? Advertised as replacing the requirement for 2 seals.
  8. coalpiper

A photo of one of these flanges is below. I should also mention that both flanges are bent on one side each, and on one of them the screw that bolts it into the floor is now rusted and loose. Looks like at some point in the past the bolt on one side was overtightened. For securing the...
  9. coalpiper

Hi, New to the forum. I have some closet flange challenges (well, at least I think they might be challenges). I'm organizing floor replacements in the bathrooms, but before I select a contractor I am wondering on the right course of action. When this house was built in the late 80s...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks